Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Best bags and such for carrying flips...

I love flippery and backpacking and edc items. If I die in the woods/field/out-&-about and archeologists discover my remains I hope they are as intrigued as I am about Otzi and his gear.

Now how to carry our slings on different outings and daily life.

No.1 is my pocketses.
No.2 various bags.
No.3 in vehicles.

One can never have too many pockets...if a shirt has no pockets it is underwear.

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
985 Posts
I've got a canvas green satchel. Bout the size of a laptop bag. I can put 1-2 frames in there plus a variety of ammo, some gloves and shooting glasses, pipe and lighter, knit cap, jacket, books, etc. It also doubles as a nice game bag if I happen to be hunting. For daily edc use I just throw a small frame in my back pocket with some ammo. Usually the frame pictured.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Here's my always ready to go pack for when targets of opportunity present themselves, i.e. monkeys, monitor lizards, snakes, rats, jungle geckos that wandered off-range coming indoors (I normally leave geckos alone but these burrow into groceries and leave a ton of poop), wasps and other insects...

Fits 3 frames if one of them is an LBS. I've also got a sideshooter and an axiom poly in there with different set-ups for the appropriate situation and 3 different kinds of ammo - steel, glass and clay... And the outside loops are great to holster the LBS. I can't remember how much but it was quite cheap from Aliexpress... lemme know if you want one too and I'll look for the link to it...

dd24cc46c831b39e93b93f60d5e0bab8.jpg
27b48bc7959aaab2e7d4abe07e3df197.jpg
40e7e3db7086a3c780226c32366997f6.jpg

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
985 Posts
My hand made hunting bag a lot of time and thought went in to making it design after a long hunters hunting bag.
attachicon.gif
KIMG0597_02.JPG
Love the bag Ghost. I've got a soft spot for the old school hunting bags like the ones pioneers used. What are the paracords with beads for? I'm imagining you could stick a duck/pigeon head in the loop and cinch it tight, but I'm just guessing.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm probably a little late to this party but this is my walking around sling bag. It is an old GI mess kit pouch. It'll hold what ever the flip of the day is, an old Buck 112 Ranger knife, a marble bag full of ammo, water bottle, fire kit and some finger food.

Luggage and bags Bag Sleeve Wood Collar

Bag Sleeve Dress shirt Collar Beige

Old GI surplus web gear and field equipment is cheap and hard to beat.

'drif

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts