Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mean mass produced, like the Barnett Black Widow... Discuss!

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Hands down the Saunders flat banders. -- Tex

·
No other shooting sport compares.
6,460 Posts
I will explain the reasons why I think Saunders are the best.

1. Flat bands. And good ones too!

2. Easy change system. No more struggling to get broken tubes off.

3. Cheap. These things are well worth the money.

4. Very rugged and well built. Will last a long time.

My second nomination would have to be trumark of course.

·
SSF Founder
5,225 Posts
100% Saunders. I wrote this in my blog a while back:
I am going to get on my soap-box here for a moment. I think that Saunders is the best production manufacturer out there. I recommend that all shooters have at least one Saunders model in their collection. Why? For three different, but interrelated, reasons. Read on to find out.

1. The first reason is the actual product that they produce. The flat bands that Saunders uses have more delivered power than any other production bands, and this is even more true with the Black Mamba bands. This is the case despite their light pull, which pull makes them fun to shoot for everybody, including women or kids. The bands will last for hundreds if not thousands of shots. The Black Mamba bands have UV protection, so they will have a longer "shelf life" as well.

2. Saunders is dedicated to consistently upgrading their product. They are innovative on multiple fronts. First, they are always bringing out new technologies. They were the first commercial manufacturer to use flat bands. Models like the WRP (Wrist Rocket Pro) are completely new in design and ergonomics. Their flat band models have a near fail safe design in that if a band does come loose that is all that will hit you. The pouch they use is the lightest and fastest out there, but still very durable. Note that this is the second high-speed pouch design the have come out with. The first one, while very fast, apparently did not meet their exacting standards. They are also on their second generation of bands. I challenge anyone to name a company who has done more to advance the art in the past 20 years.

3. Formal testing is very important when new products are being developed or when parts suppliers change. Saunders is 1 of only 2 companies that have testing areas setup in their plants to test new designs. If Daisy had a testing process they likely would not have injured those kids with the ERG-100 "Natural" issues.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Saunders ALL THE WAY!!!

Shot mine today for 100 rounds. I guess I got a nack for this sport.
I was nailing a 5" target at 10 meters nearly every shot.

Good work Bill!!!

·
6,460 Posts
Saunders ALL THE WAY!!!

Good work Bill!!!
Which Saunders do you have? I nailed a 2" target at 40 yards today with my falcon 2. Took my about 30 tries though.

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Another reason is you can buy repair parts! Saunders is just a good company deticated to top quality producte. -- Tex

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Well, I prefer a Fish Ergo2, a Cougar with flatbands, a Bunnybuster, A+ or Flatband shooter (did I forget someone?) over the Saunders any day. All of these slingshots are commercial products, handmade by professionals.

Or did you mean "induatrially produced"? In this case I agree, Saunders is good. But Dankung is a good manufacturer as well, affordable, flexible and (in most cases) made from stainless steel. Is a Dankung better than a Saunders? I can't answer that question, the concepts are just too different.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Saunders ALL THE WAY!!!

Good work Bill!!!
Which Saunders do you have? I nailed a 2" target at 40 yards today with my falcon 2. Took my about 30 tries though.

[/quote]

I thought there was only the Falcon. I asked Bill before I bought one and he said the
Falcon is all that's available. Enlighten me please.

·
6,460 Posts
Well, I prefer a Fish Ergo2, a Cougar with flatbands, a Bunnybuster, A+ or Flatband shooter (did I forget someone?) over the Saunders any day. All of these slingshots are commercial products, handmade by professionals.

Or did you mean "induatrially produced"? In this case I agree, Saunders is good. But Dankung is a good manufacturer as well, affordable, flexible and (in most cases) made from stainless steel. Is a Dankung better than a Saunders? I can't answer that question, the concepts are just too different.
I guess I didn't really think of these guys. I took the question as which of the MAJOR brands. I do love my A+ and my cougar is on its way.

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
I love my dankung, and i dont own any of the other ones, but if i was going to pick one that i would like to own it would be one of pallan's, its got a lot of style to his, and for the price, a value for money, jeff

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Well . . . until I get my hands on my A+ PS-2, and my Fish Hunter Ergo-2, (both coming in the mail) I'm going with Dankung. I have a Jungle Hunter (with which I shoot the best) and a Cougar.
(but after what Dan did to it, I don't know if I want to shoot it anymore)

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well . . . until I get my hands on my A+ PS-2, and my Fish Hunter Ergo-2, (both coming in the mail) I'm going with Dankung. I have a Jungle Hunter (with which I shoot the best) and a Cougar.
(but after what Dan did to it, I don't know if I want to shoot it anymore)
lol I think it deserves framing on a wall!

It's a shame Saunder's products seem to be unavailable in the UK!

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Every shooter should have more that one slingshot and I have many from all over the world. I do like most of the custom makers and there products. I would take the Saunders Hawk with my Grip and Express bands hands down over and thing that I have shot out of China. Now then when I see one win a tournament here in the USA and support a tournament and jobs in the USA, I will become a more of a believer. I personally don't care for extruded slingshots. I like a little longer band life, so I don't care for any thing with sharp corners on the tips or sharp edges. I think that most shooters would like to pay less than 20 dollars for a very good shooting slingshot. The Saunders Hawk fits the bill and can be bought for under $20 about anywhere. It is made in the USA and they pay good wages. I sell it with my after market custom foam grip and a set of my express bands for $18 with free shipping anywhere in the USA. For that kind of money you can try it and if you don't like it, you won't be out very much. The hawk makes a great wing shooter. Sorry I don't ship the Hawk overseas. If you want to see all of the Saunders products here is a link to there home page. - Tex
http://www.sausa.com/

·
SSF Founder
5,225 Posts

Those are all great, but you need to take something else into account. In the US (in most states) we can shoot wrist braced slingshots. For the amateur, the saunders will be more powerful and more accurate that any of the ones you mentioned, and easier to re-band. I have several of the ones you mentioned, but I look at them a bit like collectors guns. That nickel plated mother-of-pearl inlaid revolver may look great and shoot decent, but the Springfield or Glock will get the job done better under pressure. That doesnt mean I wouldn't buy the show gun (infact I guarantee I would), it just means that I'm more likly to use the Glock more often.

·
6,460 Posts
Every shooter should have more that one slingshot and I have many from all over the world. I do like most of the custom makers and there products. I would take the Saunders Hawk with my Grip and Express bands hands down over and thing that I have shot out of China. Now then when I see one win a tournament here in the USA and support a tournament and jobs in the USA, I will become a more of a believer. I personally don't care for extruded slingshots. I like a little longer band life, so I don't care for any thing with sharp corners on the tips or sharp edges. I think that most shooters would like to pay less than 20 dollars for a very good shooting slingshot. The Saunders Hawk fits the bill and can be bought for under $20 about anywhere. It is made in the USA and they pay good wages. I sell it with my after market custom foam grip and a set of my express bands for $18 with free shipping anywhere in the USA. For that kind of money you can try it and if you don't like it, you won't be out very much. The hawk makes a great wing shooter. Sorry I don't ship the Hawk overseas. If you want to see all of the Saunders products here is a link to there home page. - Tex
http://www.sausa.com/
Every slingshot I have ever bought in the past has been made in the U.S. because I too believe in paying U.S. based compainies and their workers. I did however just buy a Cougar.

·
SSF Founder
5,225 Posts
For what its worth, I really wish that one of the small manufacturers would make a high quality wrist-braced model, preferably a starship. I would use it constantly.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts