Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Neophyte
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I made the best sheath I have made to date. I have a ways to go to rival you guys but it is a high water mark for me so I am proud of it :) The only issue is that I made it backwards and it is therefore left handed...

So if there is someone out there who is 1 left handed and 2 in agreement that this is a use able sheath let me know and I will send it to you. The knife is a 3 inch bladed Walmart special but it is now wicked sharp (I can sharpen better than I can work leather) the handle could use some contouring but for a small utility knife it works. Would like to keep it in the USA as I am not keen on shipping a blade abroad.

Also if anyone has any tips that will make my next sheath better lay it on me :)

Attachments

· Neophyte
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think what I did was make the paper template correctly and when I transferred it to the stiffer card board that is where I flipped it. Oh well live and learn :)

Thanks for the kind words and advice :)

· Neophyte
2,313 Posts
Wowzers nice work guys! That sheath looks awesome MO and I like the scalpel vibe on the knife skarrd, what kind of rivets did you use on your sheath? :)

· Neophyte
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wowzers that is a sweet blade skarrd, I like that style of blade a lot but it is the one style that I have yet to own. I love the paracord work and that box is super nice too. Just the total compilation is amazing :)

Just curious, did you put any treatment on the paracord or is it just the light? Thanks :)

· Neophyte
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Made this today. Got the idea to use a butter knife from a YouTube video. Curious to see how well the edge holds up, but it is practice before trying a file as a starting point. :)

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.