Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,293 Posts
Hey... This has become a cool DIY knife sheath thread! I have only ever made one... Threw it together out of necessity to give a "Kiridashi" I acquired a home so it can be thrown into my toolbox. This little blade is is my "forever exacto" (it's sharper than any exacto tho! ). I picked it up recently in Tokyo. It's hand forged with "Aogami" carbon steel so it'll take and retain a wicked edge.

I used some buffalo nubuck I had been using for slingshot pouches and learned how to saddle stitch on the fly... not a very neat stitch but it'll do... I think I should have given it a welt as well - maybe if this one comes apart, I'll do it again properly.
dbcced2d86bd162d20c6521517895a7e.jpg
783aa606da8f0871f37d81944ff67fb0.jpg

· Registered
1,293 Posts
i was hesitant to post this,and im not trying to hijack the thread,but after seeing urban shooters pics i had to post this.In my opinion the Kiridashi is the epitome of blades,ithe grace and simplicity of its form,the functionabilty,and style is,of all the blades i have or have had,my favorite.i made this one for a girl friend,who is an artist,out of a worn out Nicholson file,gutted paracord handle wrap,and its sheath is actually a poplar and red oak box. Hope this post will be ok with you my friend.She Loved it :)
Wow! That's a gorgeous Kiridashi! I love the subtle texturing on the surface from the file and the grind looks really good. Any artist would really enjoy using this. I agree it's the epitome of functional simplicity! You guys are amazing with what you are able to craft and you do it so darned well. Respect!!

· Registered
1,293 Posts
I messed around a little more with the nubuck I have... made a leather storage sheath for a Deba knife that didn't come with a box ...it's forged with Shirogami or "white paper steel" by Tsukiji Masamoto. I am not showing the back side of this though coz the stitching went off line! Considered abandoning the project when I messed it up but then again, it's only for me to store he blade and no one is gonna see the mistakes...shouldn't be wasting leather...

c8c21029c8993cfd484db4d52c80fff2.jpg
f114b89bcdb5ea1abf55d21ad1a40da7.jpg
0c798b015fcbed4344c257ddfe113a39.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.