Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Mojave Mo
5,582 Posts
You inspired me Raventree78 to make a sheath for my Original Skaard Cutter! I used a piece of an old leather powerlifting belt for the sheath. It is really stuff and sense so I had to soak it so I could crease it. I used hot water mixed with vegetable oil. Not sure why I chose that, but it worked. I put in in the vice for a few days so it could set. Then I used the drill press to make my stitching holes. Then I just used a saddle stitch with waxed string. A loop of paracord and she is good to go! It was my Shop knife, now it is my Truck-n-Trail knife!
40af80db5be7db21ad3b538dc53e71c1.jpg
0825f32e5c4b8114c59f936f05cb461e.jpg
7dbca806eaf886df06f36c8b61677634.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

· Mojave Mo
5,582 Posts
Hey... This has become a cool DIY knife sheath thread! I have only ever made one... Threw it together out of necessity to give a "Kiridashi" I acquired a home so it can be thrown into my toolbox. This little blade is is my "forever exacto" (it's sharper than any exacto tho! ). I picked it up recently in Tokyo. It's hand forged with "Aogami" carbon steel so it'll take and retain a wicked edge.

I used some buffalo nubuck I had been using for slingshot pouches and learned how to saddle stitch on the fly... not a very neat stitch but it'll do... I think I should have given it a welt as well - maybe if this one comes apart, I'll do it again properly.
dbcced2d86bd162d20c6521517895a7e.jpg
783aa606da8f0871f37d81944ff67fb0.jpg
Love the Kiridashi. Looks like you only need one though!

· Mojave Mo
5,582 Posts
Another fine blade Skarrd. I need to place an order with you for a Kiridashi. I like the ones I've seen online and such but they are too rich and dainty. I'm a commoner, not a dandy.

· Mojave Mo
5,582 Posts
Another fine blade Skarrd. I need to place an order with you for a Kiridashi. I like the ones I've seen online and such but they are too rich and dainty. I'm a commoner, not a dandy.

Thanks Mo,i will look around here n see what I have metal wise,big hands right?
Bingo!! Are you using some kind of voodoo steel? My Skarrd is still razor sharp. I've cut all types of cord and rope, pried and scraped, even a few apples. It is like I never use it?

· Mojave Mo
5,582 Posts
I messed around a little more with the nubuck I have... made a leather storage sheath for a Deba knife that didn't come with a box ...it's forged with Shirogami or "white paper steel" by Tsukiji Masamoto. I am not showing the back side of this though coz the stitching went off line! Considered abandoning the project when I messed it up but then again, it's only for me to store he blade and no one is gonna see the mistakes...shouldn't be wasting leather...

c8c21029c8993cfd484db4d52c80fff2.jpg
f114b89bcdb5ea1abf55d21ad1a40da7.jpg
0c798b015fcbed4344c257ddfe113a39.jpg
Oh that is nice! I like how you let it up in front of the handle, sort of like a holster. Whenever I make something that isn't 'perfect' I'll distress it and make it look like I have had it for a 100 years, that usually hides whatever I don't like about it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.