Slingshots Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Registered
7,710 Posts
Wowzers that is a sweet blade skarrd, I like that style of blade a lot but it is the one style that I have yet to own. I love the paracord work and that box is super nice too. Just the total compilation is amazing :)

Just curious, did you put any treatment on the paracord or is it just the light? Thanks :)
Thanks! I did I always polyurethane the cord,especially the knots,loland as I told Mo I will look around here for some suitable steel my friend.

· Mojave Mo
5,582 Posts
Another fine blade Skarrd. I need to place an order with you for a Kiridashi. I like the ones I've seen online and such but they are too rich and dainty. I'm a commoner, not a dandy.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Thanks Mo,i will look around here n see what I have metal wise,big hands right?
Bingo!! Are you using some kind of voodoo steel? My Skarrd is still razor sharp. I've cut all types of cord and rope, pried and scraped, even a few apples. It is like I never use it?

· Registered
7,710 Posts
Another fine blade Skarrd. I need to place an order with you for a Kiridashi. I like the ones I've seen online and such but they are too rich and dainty. I'm a commoner, not a dandy.

Thanks Mo,i will look around here n see what I have metal wise,big hands right?
Bingo!! Are you using some kind of voodoo steel? My Skarrd is still razor sharp. I've cut all types of cord and rope, pried and scraped, even a few apples. It is like I never use it?

voodoo steel lol,maybe,i dont really know what the steel was,almost threw it aside cuz it was so thinmbut it flexed without warping and shot a maegaton of sparls when I touched it to the grinder so I gave it a chance ,the blade I have is still Uber sharp,and you wouldn't believe some of the stuff I cut,hopin to run across some more,someday :)

· Registered
1,293 Posts
I messed around a little more with the nubuck I have... made a leather storage sheath for a Deba knife that didn't come with a box ...it's forged with Shirogami or "white paper steel" by Tsukiji Masamoto. I am not showing the back side of this though coz the stitching went off line! Considered abandoning the project when I messed it up but then again, it's only for me to store he blade and no one is gonna see the mistakes...shouldn't be wasting leather...

c8c21029c8993cfd484db4d52c80fff2.jpg
f114b89bcdb5ea1abf55d21ad1a40da7.jpg
0c798b015fcbed4344c257ddfe113a39.jpg

· Mojave Mo
5,582 Posts
I messed around a little more with the nubuck I have... made a leather storage sheath for a Deba knife that didn't come with a box ...it's forged with Shirogami or "white paper steel" by Tsukiji Masamoto. I am not showing the back side of this though coz the stitching went off line! Considered abandoning the project when I messed it up but then again, it's only for me to store he blade and no one is gonna see the mistakes...shouldn't be wasting leather...

c8c21029c8993cfd484db4d52c80fff2.jpg
f114b89bcdb5ea1abf55d21ad1a40da7.jpg
0c798b015fcbed4344c257ddfe113a39.jpg
Oh that is nice! I like how you let it up in front of the handle, sort of like a holster. Whenever I make something that isn't 'perfect' I'll distress it and make it look like I have had it for a 100 years, that usually hides whatever I don't like about it!

· Neophyte
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Made this today. Got the idea to use a butter knife from a YouTube video. Curious to see how well the edge holds up, but it is practice before trying a file as a starting point. :)

Attachments

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.