Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm back to using a slingshot again after a 4 or 5 year break I think. I got myself a hammer slingshot and wondering what's new in the world of rubber. I used the large dipped tubes from simpleshot a lot and 3/8 x 1/4 hardware store tubes. I remember using linatex and loving it but seems pricey now. I've thought about getting a big tube hunt set from a+ and I know a person I wont name used 1/4 id x 3/32 wall. So what's new and being used in the world of rubber now?

·
So Many Marbles ------------- So Little Time ;-)
4,384 Posts
Hey I'm back to using a slingshot again after a 4 or 5 year break I think. I got myself a hammer slingshot and wondering what's new in the world of rubber. I used the large dipped tubes from simpleshot a lot and 3/8 x 1/4 hardware store tubes. I remember using linatex and loving it but seems pricey now. I've thought about getting a big tube hunt set from a+ and I know a person I wont name used 1/4 id x 3/32 wall. So what's new and being used in the world of rubber now?
Some folks may be able to use a1/4ID x 3/32 tube, but I don't think I can pull it. I was using 3060 for a single at one time, but now the biggest single I use is Green Dub Dub, and it sends everything I shoot darn fast.

As of late 2040, 1842, 1745 and 3050 are my tube choices besides the Kent 3/32id x 3/64wall x 3/16od which is easy to get and shoots great. The last three sizes send 5/8 marbles very well and are great for 3/8 steel but you may bet finger slap if your shooting OTT. Green Dub Dub is great for marbles but it may be a bit much, this is pretty darn snappy stuff !!

wll

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya i liked 3060 i have one set left that i have set up for butterfly shoot so i can learn how to do that style. I have used it looped that was fun. I mite stick with 3/8 x 1/4 just cuz its easy for me to get.

·
4,384 Posts
Ya i liked 3060 i have one set left that i have set up for butterfly shoot so i can learn how to do that style. I have used it looped that was fun. I mite stick with 3/8 x 1/4 just cuz its easy for me to get.
You may want to look at Latex Tubing .com http://www.latex-tubing.com/

They carry Kent tubing in many, many different sizes and shipping is about $5.50 for any number of rolls ordered. My go to tubing from them is

I have been getting tubing from them for years.I have been using #303 for years, but #204 or #303 would be worth a try for sure !

wll

·
4,384 Posts
Just got 10' of Kent 1/6id x 1/16wall x 3/16od --- This stuff is a monster for sure. A looped set of this will take care of 1/2 lead for sure. I might set a sling up with this to try out, but it seems like mighty potent stuff !!

My 3/32id x 3/64wall x 3/16 is on the left ---1/16is x 1/16wall x 3/16od is of course on the right. ----look at the wall size difference - .0468 vs .0625 - WOW !

Tubes%20compared%20sm.png

wll

·
4,384 Posts
Just got 10' of Kent 1/6id x 1/16wall x 3/16od --- This stuff is a monster for sure. A looped set of this will take care of 1/2 lead for sure. I might set a sling up with this to try out, but it seems like mighty potent stuff !!

My 3/32id x 3/64wall x 3/16od is on the left ---1/16id x 1/16wall x 3/16od is of course on the right. ----look at the wall size difference - .0468 vs .0625 - WOW !

Tubes%20compared%20sm.png

wll

·
4,384 Posts
Here is a DanKung Thunder (Something) with the 1/16 wall 3/16od Kent tubing ... I put on a modified Tex pouch as I did not trust the Chinese micro fiber on these heave tubes. I pulled as hard as I could to make sure nothing will come loose and everything was OK so far ! ... we will see tomorrow ... IF IT DOESN'T SNOW ;- )

heavy%20wall-thin%20tubes%20sm.png

wll

·
4,384 Posts
Wow that looks like some nice stuff im going to have to try that website next week after payday
I have an idea this stuff is for 1/2" steel and above .... the way this pulls, anything lighter may give you a good finger slap. I will shoot this for sure tomorrow, even if I have to stop off a road that is not laden with ice and snow !!

wll

1 - 9 of 9 Posts