Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Nice shooting Kal!

I was shooting 8mm a while when received beauty slingshots from Flicks and really enjoyed it.. Spent few weeks with 8mm shooting Spanish style recently and it is great, but can not feel the same energy. My favorite outdoor ammo is 10,5 and 10mm. Switched to 9,5 3 weeks before the world cup. Was practical, almost no one used 10, but was a suffering if I look back.

Shooting small ammo is a great thing to blast plateaus . It will reveal many things and trains dexterity upon release, but it feels so different.

Thanks for sharing K!

Regards,

Mark

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice shooting Kal!

I was shooting 8mm a while when received beauty slingshots from Flicks and really enjoyed it.. Spent few weeks with 8mm shooting Spanish style recently and it is great, but can not feel the same energy. My favorite outdoor ammo is 10,5 and 10mm. Switched to 9,5 3 weeks before the world cup. Was practical, almost no one used 10, but was a suffering if I look back.

Shooting small ammo is a great thing to blast plateaus . It will reveal many things and trains dexterity upon release, but it feels so different.

Thanks for sharing K!

Regards,

Mark
Thanks Mark :thumbsup:

Lack of energy with 8 mm steel is a problem, targets don't fly as far as after hit with bigger ammo :) .

9,75 mm is my favorite size (thanks to Kugel-Willie), cheaper than 9,5 or 10 mm.

·
Premium Member
3,228 Posts
I will defer to your excellence, Kalavale(I love your slinger handle!), but I shoot pfs mostly and 8mm is my preferred ammo size now. But at your range I cannsee why 10mm is better... need the xtra mass for the sound to carry back to your ears... the music of slingery.

Excellent shooting. I watch everyone's videos and try to immulate their form, especially the stance and release... but your form is so relaxed it is difficult for me to pick oit the subtleties. Carry my fine friend of the fair lands.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Really nice shooting....as always!
I think I never will reach this precision.
I'm a plinker and don't use a catchbox.
So cheap ammo is a must.
Ok, energy is not as good as with heavier/bigger ammo but it's fast and it has a nice flat trajectory.
And a flat trajectory is perfect for shooting a variety of different distances!

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I will defer to your excellence, Kalavale(I love your slinger handle!), but I shoot pfs mostly and 8mm is my preferred ammo size now. But at your range I cannsee why 10mm is better... need the xtra mass for the sound to carry back to your ears... the music of slingery.

Excellent shooting. I watch everyone's videos and try to immulate their form, especially the stance and release... but your form is so relaxed it is difficult for me to pick oit the subtleties. Carry my fine friend of the fair lands.
Thank You very much MakoPat :thumbsup:

10 mm feels better between fingers and offers better pouch grip options. And yes, sound after hit is important :)

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Really nice shooting....as always!
I think I never will reach this precision.
I'm a plinker and don't use a catchbox.
So cheap ammo is a must.
Ok, energy is not as good as with heavier/bigger ammo but it's fast and it has a nice flat trajectory.
And a flat trajectory is perfect for shooting a variety of different distances!
Thanks man :)

I don't like to use catch box because I have to use it winter time anyway.

This tarpaulin You see in this video, was a bad idea. All ammo ricochets to the left and it takes as much time as without tarpaulin to collect my ammo.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice shooting my friend! That's some far away stuff. (You got those brades looking tough!)
Thanks Ibojoe :thumbsup:

I like much more about these 20+ m shots than any shorter.

My brades needs little more thickness and little more length :)

·
Premium Member
3,228 Posts
Thank You very much MakoPat :thumbsup:
10 mm feels better between fingers and offers better pouch grip options. And yes, sound after hit is important :)
My tiny hands and pouch feel is likely why I like the 8mm... bigger hands may equal bigger ammo for certain releases. I never thought of that before... I hope someone smarter than I works out a valid accessment for this inquiry.

Reactions: Kalevala
1 - 16 of 16 Posts