Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to see what all the rage is about this frame. Well, now I know I won't be shooting the ranger anymore. In the dimensions I like, the topshot is extremely comfortable, while the ranger lends itself to larger frames.
I like this design a lot.
Just three coats of Danish oil and two coats of wax. I still can't get a nice shine though. I do get it, but it goes away after some handling :(

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,993 Posts
You are amazingly talentedSkropi I just cannot for the life of me why this frame is over looked. The price alone should tempt the vast majority of new and experienced shooters. Thanks for a great review. I am in no way trying to advertise for anyone, I just tell as I see it.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice work! I have found that sanding to higher grits really helps with shine. I usally go to 2000 now, but don't spend a ton of time with the higher grits.
I am going to 600 grit. I am not sure I would go higher on a plywood frame though. If/when I get a nice wood, it will be sanding till the end of the grit scale ????

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
'...I just cannot for the life of me (figure out) why this frame is over looked..."
I can't answer that. I don't find it visually appealing. I guess it is a case of the plain sister that can cook.
Lol, you nailed it ???? but I have to admit that I do like it's looks :)

Reactions: hoggy
1 - 11 of 11 Posts