Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Over 9001 Warning Points!
2,089 Posts
i brought the fire, who's got candles? 2:04 using pocket predator covert hunter prototype

flames at 33'Try this

·
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It's also up on gamekeeper Facebook page

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Did I see you steady your aim with a SIP of beer? Lol
nice shootin mate..

·
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
WOW! popshot this is a historical moment

so this makes you the first to light one on fire on video? i have not been following the matches but man that's exciting

congratulations man!!

·
Super Moderator
10,991 Posts
Congratulations!!! What a great bit of shooting ... you can be really proud of that.

Cheers ....... Charles

·
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
WOW! popshot this is a historical moment

so this makes you the first to light one on fire on video? i have not been following the matches but man that's exciting

congratulations man!!
Thanks, strike.
Bill was first, then I tried it, got a few smokers, then hawk did it, then wingshooter got it, then I got it.

·
Premium Member
4,030 Posts
Alright Steve! Excellent!
Number four for this challenge shot.

Now you KNOW there's many many people trying this same thing and not getting it done... so after failing, they'll go and sit at the computer typing about how it's worthless and the skills don't transfer to "real hunting" etc.... just ask the feral mongoose that you shot dead perfectly between the eyes, or the pigeons you've taken, or the hundreds of grackles and other vermin I've eliminated.... if those sort of skills don't make a person a LOT more deadly with a slingshot, the ability to hit the prey in exactly the right spot to kill them humanely and quickly.... then I don't know what will make you better!
Learning to focus and the ability hit EXACTLY what you're aiming for is one of the greatest skills a true hunter can possess.

Again, we're taking all this stuff for granted now... literally a year ago the ultimate in slingshot shooting was getting soda pop can hits out to 100' or maybe getting 9 out of 10 on a can at 10 meters..... Now common tests of skill can be cutting cards, driving tacks and even lighting matches... We've come a long way in our perceptions of what the slingshot is capable of in a very short time!

·
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Haters gonna hate. i guess we'll always be paper punchers to some.

·
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
See The Target
21,654 Posts
I've been playing with it . Breaking of heads at best. No fire yet. I do see how it improves shooting. Everything has got to be just right to make such a delicate shot. Maybe i should shorten the distance until success but 33FT seems to be the standard.It"s got to feel great to be able to do this consistently. Then you know your doing it right.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts