Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As promised in my introduction, here are some pictures of my very first slingshot that I just finished. It's made out of black walnut using Bill Hays "Patriot" template. I made it fairly thick, just under 1 1/4", fearing that it may break since it's not a natural. I cut it out of a 2" thick plank that my neighbor was about to throw away. I doubled up Theraband gold that I cut a 25mm-20mm taper on, and used some leather I had laying around to make a pouch. The finish is just linseed oil and beeswax. I haven't shot it yet, but can't wait to get out there and test it out.
1.jpg 2.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
572 Posts
looks awsome man!
just a little thing the band grooves on the fork are queit deep which may weaken the fork
but other than that that is one fine ss for your first
well done and welcome

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I went a little deeper than I intended too with the band grooves. But, inside the grooves it's still .90" thick so I'm hoping it'll be okay.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Great start buddy. that would like to start with the right foot

Muy chula!

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Yes very nice looking slingshot, that walnut looks great!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Wow! Great job alrighty. Gotta love the walnut.

I was eyeing off some naturals in a walnut grove tother day. Trouble is, in these latitudes at this time of year, if you cut a branch the tree can bleed to death....I know this from bitter experience. ....but come autumn I will be back!

·
Registered
736 Posts
Beautiful catty ,, but i would be weary of using double bands on it , i have known of peoples solid wood catty forks snapping from the pressure , if your using anything upto .44cal lead ( 11mm ish ) then single bands are adequet

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I found a little time to shoot it today using marbles and some 1/2" steel, no problems at all, it shot very well. Thanks to everyone again for the positive feedback.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts