Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
1,925 Posts
Hi there, I also own a barnett black widow. For bands i personally prefer red tapered tubes, these can kill birds at close range with no problem. I pretty much stuck within 20feet for hunting. I used 6mm and 8mm lead sinkers to take sparrows and starlings. Once at 10 feet, a .44 lead ball struck a crow in the torso - instant kill
He wont be able to shoot sparrows and starlings here its against the law, and why shoot birds you cant eat, unless they are a pest, over there, jeff

· Premium Member
1,925 Posts
Hi there, I also own a barnett black widow. For bands i personally prefer red tapered tubes, these can kill birds at close range with no problem. I pretty much stuck within 20feet for hunting. I used 6mm and 8mm lead sinkers to take sparrows and starlings. Once at 10 feet, a .44 lead ball struck a crow in the torso - instant kill
He wont be able to shoot sparrows and starlings here its against the law, and why shoot birds you cant eat, unless they are a pest, over there, jeff
[/quote]

So do you know what's ok to shot et in the uk ? I know rabbits ar ok if you intend to kil them but no more i know .
Cheers
[/quote]

you can shoot rabbits rats all sorts of pests, grey squirrels and so on, not only game birds and the likes of crows what are pest, its not what you shoot its were you shoot, i have farms what i can go on, jeff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.