Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
QUICK QUESTION! so about 3 weeks ago i bought a p-51 and i shot it about everyday for like an hour or two...the bands were fine...but my pouch broke? did i do something wrong that made the pouch break possibly? Btwi just ordered my ps-1 pocket shooter on saturday
im can't wait til it gets here Btw I did have it out in the rain only once though..And it wasn't very long I noticed when I first got it when I would shoot the bands sometimes the pouch is Sling forward After shooting the ball out and the whole were the pouch connects to the bands would Stick onto the little poles... I was shooting it and I noticed the ammo wasn't doing anything And I looked at it. And my pouch was broke
So Any idea's what I could have done. To prevent that? Or any causes...Also I did shoot some rocks out of it... If that could do anything? Thanks

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
In defense of the manufacturer, when making pouches on a mass scale you get some leather that just don't measure up. The hardest part of making band sets is the leather. If it is too light it will tear and if it is too heavy and stiff it does not work well. They don't have the time to check every piece and tend to rely a lot on there supplier. I try to check my leather with a strength and stretch test very often, but I know that one gets by me once in awhile. I have more comments on my leather being too heavy that it tearing, but it is a very tenuous part of the process of making good pouches. I tend to use quite a bit of the leather I buy for leather in other projects because it just does not make a decent pouch. Leather just tends to have flaws that are hard to detect. Then there are those that are selling just for the quick buck and don’t care what they put out. Thank goodness they are in the minority. Leather problems are one of the reasons that Saunders Archery has spent so much time and money developing a synthetic pouch. Other reasons are it makes a water proof pouch every one of them shoots very much alike. -- Tex

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In defense of the manufacturer, when making pouches on a mass scale you get some leather that just don't measure up. The hardest part of making band sets is the leather. If it is too light it will tear and if it is too heavy and stiff it does not work well. They don't have the time to check every piece and tend to rely a lot on there supplier. I try to check my leather with a strength and stretch test very often, but I know that one gets by me once in awhile. I have more comments on my leather being too heavy that it tearing, but it is a very tenuous part of the process of making good pouches. I tend to use quite a bit of the leather I buy for leather in other projects because it just does not make a decent pouch. Leather just tends to have flaws that are hard to detect. Then there are those that are selling just for the quick buck and don't care what they put out. Thank goodness they are in the minority. Leather problems are one of the reasons that Saunders Archery has spent so much time and money developing a synthetic pouch. Other reasons are it makes a water proof pouch every one of them shoots very much alike. -- Tex
Thanks sooo much for the help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts