Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

I just finished up this SlingShark. I used cherry and walnut with brass pins. I went with a semigloss-satin tru-oil finish. I'll probably add some wax tomorrow. I'm still waiting on fiber optic rods in the mail and then I'll add my little two wire sight as well.

My wife said I should take the pics over the black cloth to help the color to "pop". Hope you like it!
Wood Personal protective equipment Glove Fashion accessory Font
Sleeve Collar Sportswear Electric blue Fashion accessory
Wood Musical instrument accessory Plant Tableware Thumb
Wood Sleeve Beige Automotive exterior Bag
Sleeve Collar Natural material Beige Wood
Sleeve Jersey Collar Sportswear Wood
Wood Hand tool Tool Tree Fashion accessory
Hand Glove Gesture Finger Thumb

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@Brhumbus the Terrible
Do you make a right hand hold version?
When I eventually order an @Island made pfs frame, maybe you could send one to him for me and a piggyback delivery to Australia.🙃
I haven't yet, but I have a nice long weekend starting tomorrow.

Do you prefer one version over the other? I'll call them blonde and brunette. The brunette is easier for me because there's less surface area of lighter colored woods when it comes to cleaning out the wood pores. But I can handle either or. I think birch is a little whiter and less amber colored after I use the tru-oil compared to the cherry.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Woah there mate, slow down a tad.:) Not ready to proceed yet.

I do so like the blond version but would require a couple of mods, like snobbed tips and the bandtie grooves continued around the outside faces.

Thanks for the interest and will let you know when ready.(y)

BTW the brunette is gorgeous too..... undecided.
Lol, sorry, I wasn't trying to push you into a commitment of any kind. I'll look up those snobbed tips though.

No problem, I'm always happy/excited to build something for you.

·
SLING-N-SHOT
5,528 Posts
That looks great Alex, you did a fine job.

I’m agreeing with the Missus on this as the wood color does pop against the black backdrop , only thing missing is the pile of nice, shiny ammo sitting beside it, lol…..kind of like [mention]Sharker [/mention] uses in his presentation pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Darrell Allen

** SlingLyfe Band Up **

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Nice work! 👍

You tell the wife that you'll take pictures however you wish ! Who wears the panties over there?? :p
Lol, she only wears panties on special occasions. She's actually started wearing my briefs when we go to work because they're more comfortable. I don't mind as long as she orders more in my size. I'm not sharing my socks though!
Forehead Hair Nose Cheek Skin

1 - 20 of 27 Posts