Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I call this one Blood Sweat and Tears becouse this is the one I was working on when I cut my thumb and It was a bleader. Its made from a piece of 1/4 inch steal I found and is cut by hand. The only tools I used was a hack saw metal, files, and a bench grinder for some of the heaver work.Its straped up with a set of bands I got from Flatband and shoots well very straight. Think it shoots better than I do. Well thanks for looking.

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
It can be a total pain working with steel. I have some 1/4" and 3/8" plate sat waiting for a project - a beefy Strider/ Busse knife styled slingshot, but it seems very heavy. Yesterday I made a steel slingshot and used plasma to rough out, a bandsaw, two angle grinders and two belt grinders to shave to the scribe line and a scrollsaw to cut the hard to reach inner curves and it was still a major chore. That's why I like slingshots; I can cut quick shapes out of soft materials and be home in time for tea.

Back to your project, it 's a great design. It's totally over engineered, of course. It would look good in Gun-Kote and green canvas micarta scales, if you decide to modify it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts