Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
That is interesting. is there somewhere that I can read up on this? Also the darts that I understand can be used with a SS?

·
Grandpa Pete
1,419 Posts
How about a close up on the darts. Do you make them yourself or are the commercially available. How large a fish have you been able to land? Why do you use such heavy line for such small fish? I find the idea very interesting. Thanks for posting this.

GP

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[quote name="J3ff" post="1341276" timestamp="1567915994"]That's cool as heck. You got a tutorial on how to make my own?[/quote

I do have a video of how to make a blowgun and darts I will dig it up

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is interesting. is there somewhere that I can read up on this? Also the darts that I understand can be used with a SS?
There are all kinds of stuff about blowgun fishing on YouTube I have been doing it for about 38 year when I sent off for a mail order blowgun back when it took 6 to 8 weeks for delivery I hunted differently back then with no strings attached the blow gun came with beads and wire you cut to your liking I would walk the swamps and when the fish was close o would shoot and wait the fish and art would come up to the top and I would get it

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't make the dart I have been fishing with is made by Cold steel but I have to do some modifications to it so it will work in the blowgun the blowgun that I'm using is made by Cold still also I bought it when they first come out with them the reason I use such heavy line is because gar very very strong and they'll swim underneath branches and stuff like that underwater and that way I can still get them back

Attachments

·
Mr. Mars
360 Posts
That it's really sweet. I bet you have to have some strong lung power to get any distance. Do you blow from the gut or a quick burst from the cheeks?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts