Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My latest creation. I just designed a production method to simplify the process and to get consistent yarn size.

So that each dart will have the same amount ofseal and drag. Will show a video later.

Attachments

·
Registered
649 Posts
@Blowhard79 , I just tested on your request, rinse my pvc pipe with water, load in 2 darts, the barrel is wiped clean! Doesn't seem to affect the shooting at all! ????????????

Need to test at longer distance, this video here is only 4 metres close.

Attachments

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You would think that the yarn would drag down the speed pretty quickly, but those darts were really moving. For short distance shooting, these look great :headbang:
If you can get a side profile of the dart in slo-mo, it would be beneficial to see what the yarn is doing during flight.
Got to try that with my 50fps camcorder. Not sure if that's enough to capture such high speed projectile. If you put on headphones, you can actually hear the deep sound of the darts leaving the barrel.

These are great for short distance target shooting. Give me some time to test thoroughly.

I think these work great after rinsing the blowgun, DARTS THAT CLEAN THE BARREL :rofl:

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm going to make some. They're sort of like flu flu arrows. They would be perfect for times you need maximum force and limited range.
FLUflu arrows, yes, that's what I thought too! Maybe that's why tranquilliser darts are made of this tassle, powerful yet won't go all the way thru.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I still think that waxing the inside of the barrel will really increase the speed :)
Me too. I actually believe mirror polish is not exactly smooth, it actually gives more grip due to the contact surface being even and fine.

Learned about this from throwing pub darts. Just like matte phone screen vs glossy screen protector.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I made a few today and they were great. It was short distance in house shooting but they were very accurate. I also made a few with bamboo chopsticks and they really zinged!!
Pictures!

I do find these to be much more accurate than cones. Cone darts, no matter how precisely I craft them, even with front-heavy design, sometimes steer away wildly.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I made a few today and they were great. It was short distance in house shooting but they were very accurate. I also made a few with bamboo chopsticks and they really zinged!!
Pictures!

I do find these to be much more accurate than cones. Cone darts, no matter how precisely I craft them, even with front-heavy design, sometimes steer away wildly.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Pictures!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.