Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I call this one the trophy slingshot because it has that shape, I applied a dark bees wax to it and it came out with this two tone effect a darker colour where the board has been cut and lighter on the front and back which has only been sanded to take off the dark varnish.I am able to hold it in the pistol grip fashion,and can hook the little finger in the hole in the handle making it even stronger and more stable as it cannot pull to the side when stretching the tubes out. Heres a video of some target practice with it

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi, Hawk

very interesting design indeed and very good shooting, no doubt!
But... I reckon you should have been adressing the "Custom Slinghot' post with this topic.
You are an artist, mate!

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Hugues your right it is in the wrong section maybe the administrator can move it I wasn't thinking at the time.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These were the first shots fired with this slingshot it was from 30ft I always use caution when testing them out I cant afford any strays.but I have taken it down the river and fired some shots.I am pleased with this it is accurate shoots long distance and is comfortable to hold,it shoots as well as the dankung that I use, I am in two minds in keeping one for myself but I will be making more.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thats a good catty. I liked the setup and the looks of it.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks saxon Im new to making them,taking tips of the forum and giving it my best shot.

·
Eliminate the Variables!
1,714 Posts
I like the way you mounted the bands. You have a nice remote collection as well

·
Super Moderator
6,506 Posts
Hey Hawk, pretty cool way of attaching the tubes Bud! Never saw it done like that before on wood-very nice. Flatband

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Thankyou for your comments guys very much appreiciated.I got the idea from the Bi-Thor Dankung steel slingshot that I use.Feel free to copy it Dayhiker but I dont know legallly where it stands with Dankung I would not want you to get any repercussions from it.The shape is my design but the way the bands are made up and attatchment style was modified from that slingshot.

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Thankyou for your comments guys very much appreiciated.I got the idea from the Bi-Thor Dankung steel slingshot that I use.Feel free to copy it Dayhiker but I dont know legallly where it stands with Dankung I would not want you to get any repercussions from it.The shape is my design but the way the bands are made up and attatchment style was modified from that slingshot.
Thanks, Hawk. I just want to make one out of hardwood for meself, that's all. I like that design a lot. (if dankung don't like me copying yours, then i'll just copy one of theirs
)

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh nice look forward to seeing it in hardwood,I would like to make one in hardwood but it is very expensive here,I will have to scout the car boots for a bargain as they have just started up again,you guys have some incredible finishes on your slingshots I would like to see if I could get somewhere near to what you produce I would be happy.

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
I would like to make one in hardwood but it is very expensive here
Dude, check out the cargo pallets -- you can find nice oak, mahogany, poplar and other stuff a lot of the time.
. . . Just watch out for the nails.

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
That's a nice shape and I like the change of colour in the wood.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I would like to make one in hardwood but it is very expensive here
Dude, check out the cargo pallets -- you can find nice oak, mahogany, poplar and other stuff a lot of the time.
. . . Just watch out for the nails.
[/quote]
Thanks Dayhiker what a fool I am I handle good wood pallets everyday we have a stack of broken ones in the yard I only have to ask they will let me take what I want It's a good company to work for.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts