Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Tex-shooter
4,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What can I say but WOW? I got these reproductions today and they are indescribable beautiful, gorgeous, fabulous, I just Love them!!! Words can not describe how I feel right now. Pete you are the man!!! Nobody is getting one of mine. Joker to the left then right and left handed Boler reproductions in brass, aluminum, and coated aluminum. If you want one or a set, contact Pete Hogan (hogancastings). He is a vender on this forum! -- Tex

Attachments

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,638 Posts
Really amazing looking!!! Thanks for posting!!

·
Tex-shooter
4,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The brass ones are pretty heavy, but they are all fine shooters. They are alse heavy enough to do some customizing on. Juet think about how much work you would save starting with a shaped frame like this instead of a flat piece of aluminum. Of course mine will stay orginal though. -- Tex

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,414 Posts
Simply beautiful, Mr. Hogan you have a gift right there my friend!

·
Premium Member
1,621 Posts
Hi Every one
Just so happy that a fantastic man is made up (sorry BRIT - TERM ) but i think we have hit the spot?
This gye is my mentor and we will not let him down.I think what we are doing is fantastic what withZDP new baby ?and our new slingshots
it opens an all new marketplace.development is the spice of life???

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
A seriously amazing set of shooters...Pete does amazing thins that's for sure...

·
Registered
835 Posts
You said it= really fine, I won't even bother to ask price-outa my league-very nice, like it has been said if you gotta ask the price, you can't afford it=but those are FINE=FINE

What can I say but WOW? I got these reproductions today and they are indescribable beautiful, gorgeous, fabulous, I just Love them!!! Words can not describe how I feel right now. Pete you are the man!!! Nobody is getting one of mine. Joker to the left then right and left handed Boler reproductions in brass, aluminum, and coated aluminum. If you want one or a set, contact Pete Hogan (hogancastings). He is a vender on this forum! -- Tex

·
Tex-shooter
4,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
you might be surprised by the price. Give him a try! -- Tex

·
Super Moderator
6,967 Posts
Now we are talking! One of the top 4 frames ever made IMHO. Nothing quite like a Boler. It was the inspiration for my Ergo frame. The original came with a huge pouch and a little package of sticky latex not unlike the re-usable glue on Postal Envelopes. It also had as an accessory a beautiful Black Leather Holster. A real treat and now available in Metal! COOOOOL! Flatband

·
Tex-shooter
4,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
They take a little getting used to but are comfortable and shoot real well. I like to tilt them forward a bit. Everybody should have a pair in there cache. The joker is a great slingshot also. It is one of Pete's originals I think and is well designed. -- Tex

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
More than excellent... masterful cast sculptures in metal. Matt's (YSYEO) recent brass one with matching ring shooter was likewise. From the votes he didn't get on SSOTM for this very original masterpiece set, something like this forum has never seen, I'd say the forum members aren't keen on painstakingly laborous sculpted metal frames, rather the simple water jet ones. I'm certainly not knocking the metal water jet frames, they serve for a pocketable flat simple slingshot which many are happy to have and shoot (with reason too). It's a matter of personal preference but mine is one of functional art. I don't make art, just function...but these aluminum and brass reproductions of the Canadian resin slingshot are simply gems. Many of us have such a diverse collection from very simple "Y" forks to sculpted slingshot ergo masterpieces.

Hats off to Milbro for reproducing the Canadian Boler, and Canada being a member of UK at that.

... can someone kindly give a URL?

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
More than excellent... masterful cast sculptures in metal. Matt's (YSYEO) recent brass one with matching ring shooter was likewise. From the votes he didn't get on SSOTM for this very original masterpiece set, something like this forum has never seen, I'd say the forum members aren't keen on painstakingly laborous sculpted metal frames, rather the simple water jet ones. I'm certainly not knocking the metal water jet frames, they serve for a pocketable flat simple slingshot which many are happy to have and shoot (with reason too). It's a matter of personal preference but mine is one of functional art. I don't make art, just function...but these aluminum and brass reproductions of the Canadian resin slingshot are simply gems. Many of us have such a diverse collection from very simple "Y" forks to sculpted slingshot ergo masterpieces.

Hats off to Milbro for reproducing the Canadian Boler, and Canada being a member of UK at that.

... can someone kindly give a URL?
As to why these didn't get a SSOTM award... I don't know if the SSOTM competition even existed back in 2010, I wasn't a site member yet...

As to these being meticulously sculpted... They are sure masterfully made, but Pete from Milbro Pro Shot UK does not sculpt his pieces by stock removal, he makes casting molds and casts them.

A URL I have not, but Pete Hogan is a site vendor here, user name MILBRO PRO SHOT UK. Also, if you google Milbro Pro Shot UK you are bound to find his site.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.