Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I glued the target paper on Chipboard. If I remove the bolts from the target board, I need very often a needle nose pliers. The great benefit is the tail unit by earprotectors: During the blowing I have to build up a high air pressure, before the bolt move.... but than, it is so fast! For this I have to blow like.... don't know the english word for the trick... blowing like a trumpet player...

·
Registered
17 Posts
@HOE:

A Bolt (german "Bolzen") is a very old Design of projectil. In europe it was in use for medival crossbows

Later the first Air-Rifles and pistols had no rifled barrel and so this guns where able to shot with very short darts, some Airpistols and Rifles where specially designd for this special bolts.

Bolts where mostly in use for shooting just for fun on a wooden target like dart playing.

https://www.4komma5.de/25-Qualitaets-Luftgewehr-Bolzen-45-mm

Some years ago, I've got the idea to design a Bolt for Blowgunning and I test a lot of desings. The great benefit of this design is the indirect ventile effect of the tail unit: The ear protector expand in the barrel and so U are forced to increase the Airpressure. If the pressure is high anough, the bolt starts with an very high Vo.

·
Super Moderator
2,417 Posts
@HOE:
A Bolt (german "Bolzen") is a very old Design of projectil. In europe it was in use for medival crossbows
Later the first Air-Rifles and pistols had no rifled barrel and so this guns where able to shot with very short darts, some Airpistols and Rifles where specially designd for this special bolts.
Bolts where mostly in use for shooting just for fun on a wooden target like dart playing.
https://www.4komma5.de/25-Qualitaets-Luftgewehr-Bolzen-45-mm

Some years ago, I've got the idea to design a Bolt for Blowgunning and I test a lot of desings. The great benefit of this design is the indirect ventile effect of the tail unit: The ear protector expand in the barrel and so U are forced to increase the Airpressure. If the pressure is high anough, the bolt starts with an very high Vo.
They work great on small game also :)

·
Registered
534 Posts
I glued the target paper on Chipboard. If I remove the bolts from the target board, I need very often a needle nose pliers. The great benefit is the tail unit by earprotectors: During the blowing I have to build up a high air pressure, before the bolt move.... but than, it is so fast! For this I have to blow like.... don't know the english word for the trick... blowing like a trumpet player...
A love this! (I saw the feenished dart (bolt) & worked it oot before seein the forum title....)

Is the trick somethin like the blawin hard where yer brain is leakin oot yer ears (lugs) before the bolt finally moves quickly? If so: A've experience this when blawin up balloons fur ma' gran'son but I hope it's easier than this as A've no much brain left noo! Although I'd love tae try it :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.