Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished up the second bamboo wide gap OPFS from Shane's template. Wanted to try a different finish, so I gave it a good soaking in Teak oil. Didn't really have a drastic effect on how it looks, but I know it's sealed well. I might let it dry for the recommended 72 hours and then apply a couple coats of satin poly. The pic makes it look like there is a crack on the right fork, but it's a very superficial mark at one of the glue joints. Doesn't even catch my nail when I run a finger over it. Not a looker but should shoot well. Thanks for looking!

Wood Font Wood stain Varnish Hardwood
Wood Wood stain Varnish Font Natural material

Attachments

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rookie question ,,,isn't wide gap OPFS an oxymoron? I thought a PF had to have a narrow gap or was the OPFS born with a wide gap? Is any frame with a gap of 25mm/1" or less and OTT also technically an OPFS.
It's basically a gapper inspired by the original OPFS by Dgui. I don't want to speak for Shane, but I think calling it a wide gap OPFS is paying homage to Dgui and his design and not an actual designation as an OPFS.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.