Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the idea of using a mechanical release. Sure, there are special slingshot releases,
there is a good one from dankung for example.

but i doubt they are very precise, and they weren't made to be hold by the wrist.
others thought of using a bow release that releases a string
that is attached to the pouch. there are magnetic pouches, which he modified:

But... the pouch alone weighs 6g ! much more than the ammo itself. so the velocity drops very much...

I would like to modify or make a pouch that is very leightweight. just attach a string to the pouch. my idea is just to loop a string over the pouch and glue it or stitch it.

might work?

·
Registered
498 Posts
I suppose nylon would be good.
Both nylon and kapron will do.
Only the problem remains with holding the ball in the pouch. It is unlikely that you can do without a magnet, which means that the pouch will still have a large parasitic weight. It seems to me that it would be better to make a good release from Dankung to reduce the pressure on the wrist with a wide band.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
  1. put the string of the pouch in the release
  2. hold it vertically, frame facing to the sky: put ammo in the pouch and pull a bit so the ammo is fixed.
  3. full draw
  4. pull the trigger
I will try. If its super awkward, then I will go for a slingshot release or try to make a lighter magnetic pouch.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Google “pinch grip slingshot pouch.” I shoot them exclusively. You can run a loop in the part the you pinch. You can make a loop from any bowstring material. Also, Google “D-loop material.” This is what compound archer use to make a loop on their bowstrings to attach to the caliper part of the release.

Reactions: Chicxulub
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.