Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the idea of using a mechanical release. Sure, there are special slingshot releases,
there is a good one from dankung for example.

but i doubt they are very precise, and they weren't made to be hold by the wrist.
others thought of using a bow release that releases a string
that is attached to the pouch. there are magnetic pouches, which he modified:

But... the pouch alone weighs 6g ! much more than the ammo itself. so the velocity drops very much...

I would like to modify or make a pouch that is very leightweight. just attach a string to the pouch. my idea is just to loop a string over the pouch and glue it or stitch it.

might work?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe, but I want to experiment :D

What rope can I use for the string? I suppose nylon would be good.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I suppose nylon would be good.
Both nylon and kapron will do.
Only the problem remains with holding the ball in the pouch. It is unlikely that you can do without a magnet, which means that the pouch will still have a large parasitic weight. It seems to me that it would be better to make a good release from Dankung to reduce the pressure on the wrist with a wide band.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it should work like this in theory:
The ball is fixed by the pouch itself, since the draw bends the pouch around it.

Font Parallel Elbow Circle Auto part

·
Registered
294 Posts
it should work like this in theory:
So you have to hold the pouch with your fingers first, and only after it is fully drawn do you move on to the mechanical release? It seems to me that this is not very convenient. And apparently, in any case, the pouch has to be molded to the specific size of the ball.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
  1. put the string of the pouch in the release
  2. hold it vertically, frame facing to the sky: put ammo in the pouch and pull a bit so the ammo is fixed.
  3. full draw
  4. pull the trigger
I will try. If its super awkward, then I will go for a slingshot release or try to make a lighter magnetic pouch.

·
Premium Member
1,332 Posts
I used my release yesterday, I use it in conjunction with a super heavy band set up for speed. I'm getting between 400fps - 515fps with it usually. I don't shoot the heavies every day, but the release is always in my kit.
This clip shows it in action.

Plant Plant community Tire Ecoregion Motor vehicle

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Is Dyneema a good option? Its up to 12x stronger than steel. I read that it's UV light tolerable.
just Nylon (Polyamid) isn't UV light tolerable.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Google “pinch grip slingshot pouch.” I shoot them exclusively. You can run a loop in the part the you pinch. You can make a loop from any bowstring material. Also, Google “D-loop material.” This is what compound archer use to make a loop on their bowstrings to attach to the caliper part of the release.

Reactions: Chicxulub

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks.
I think I will buy a 1mm polyamide (Nylon) string. It's strong enough = 30kg till it breaks
and I'm quite shure that I won't ever use more than 15kg.
1mm is easily to attach on the pouch with no extra weight.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts