Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Hey guys! So, I got some brass and zinc shavings in a trade with Island Made a couple weeks ago. (And wait until you see what else!) Anywho, I combined a bit of these into a small mold and poured some smoky black resin in with them. Few days later, I smoothed the rougher side, cut out the design, and did a lot of sanding and then a clear coat was added and here we are! Thanks for looking!
P. S. I don't shoot pfs, so I'm looking for a home for this one. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That came out really sweet Drew! Shouldn't take long to find a home for that one!!
After handling those shavings, I still can't get it in my head that it's smooth lol
Looks like its be sharp doesn't it? :D
Yeah, you've got a problem Drew! You have stooped soooo low as to ask fellow members for what's is swept off their shop floor!!! :screwy: :rofl:

That is a cool PFS though!
Sometimes what they sweep up is just too cool not to recycle though!
Really cool. Love those edges!
Thanks!
UNIQUE...to say the least!!
;)

·
SLING-N-SHOT
3,686 Posts
very cool Drew........but I have a build question for you ?

When you made the mold, why did you do it in that L shape, instead of making one just

small enough for a PFS, that would have taken less Alumilite resin ?

(curious is all )

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
very cool Drew........but I have a build question for you ?

When you made the mold, why did you do it in that L shape, instead of making one just
small enough for a PFS, that would have taken less Alumilite resin ?
(curious is all )
I actually did use some filler material in my mold to save some resin. That's how that shape came to be. I probably could have added a bit more, but all in all, I didn't waste much. :)

·
Amateur
2,568 Posts
Just when we think you've used just about every material there is, you never cease to amaze! Great work my friend!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts