Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
6,402 Posts
Hey folks,

It's getting to that point of the year again where everyone is overcome with generosity so I thought it was about time I gave something away again.

I know how everyone loves to see stuff being smashed with a slingshot so this give away will be in the form of a 'Destruction Video' competition.

Grab your slingshot and go destroy something! Plates, cups, glasses, bottles, TV's, laptops, garden gnomes, the choices are endless. Make it fun, make it entertaining. Dress up as a unicorn. Whatever it takes to make your's the best video.

You have 21 days to get out there and start smashing stuff. Be sure to upload your video to Youtube and post it in this thread.

On the 21st of December, I will select what I think is the top 5 videos and put them up for the community to vote on the winner. Voting will run for about a week. On December 31 I will announce the winner.

The lucky winner can choose from either:

A nice shiny MBBS:

or

An acrylic 'Ice Frame' of your choice of design:

So what are you waiting for ? Get out there and start collecting things to SMASH!

Bonus points will be awarded for the destruction of iPhone, iPad or any other Apple product

·
Premium Member
2,986 Posts
Your gonna give me a reason to break stuff!!!! I gotta get the camera ready! I gotta find stuff to break! More bandsets! Bigger steel! .......I wonder If I can get bobby z in on this?

·
Banned
6,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So are there any requirements or is it just anything that is band powered??
Anything that can loosely be described as a 'slingshot'. This can include sling bows, slingshot rifles, rubber powered cannons. Heck, even a PFS if you think you can get enough power out of it!

When I pick the finalists I will be looking not just for the most damage, but the most entertaining video! (Hint : Boobs!)

·
Slingtastic
1,207 Posts
Oh I'm envisioning the amount of post-destructive cleanup that is going to happen and it's giving me a headache

·
"Crafter"
2,120 Posts
smashing ideas to follow

OK so I figure I will just use some of my hi speed shooting from over the last summer, I would like the clips to be counted as one entry if this is permitted save me doing a huge edit into one film.

The first clip is 8MM steel using chained #64 bands ...

Second clip same 8MM steel using chained #64 bands (one shot no need to watch till the end)

Third; 8MM steel takes a ricochet of the rock and punches a hole in the very bottom of the glass causing the colour to distort as it shattered.

Fourth; The honey pot takes one for the team.

Fith; Final from this batch of glass smashing.

Next up 9.5MM steel and an incredibly tough high pressure sealant can shot with thera gold.... just a dent.

Lego .... its like BB armour it just shrugs off this 8MM steel shot from #107 bands.

And the finale is 3 mins long me and my pal have a collection of RC leopard battle tanks that fire BB's we made some slo motion videos where we would shoot a full auto air-soft gun to look like tracer and I would pound some huge rocks into the water from my slingshot overall I like the effect ( technically not destruction but cool to see the water bouncing round)

I have hours of slow motion film more of slingshots just shooting not at objects necessarily , however if someone can think of a good target ill pop a few rounds and film it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
to bad i don't have a video camera

·
HOBBYIST-SOPHOMORIC-JACKA$$
8,259 Posts
to bad i don't have a video camera
C'mon, chances are you have friend with one, or a phone capable of taking video!
[/quote]

same here
ill just take a lot of pics and make a flip book .

·
"Mighty Can Smiter"
4,302 Posts
I got a few ideas brewing, but gotta work it in with my schedule and weather... especially since I have to alot time for clean up (since I can't do it at home....hmmm wheels are turning again)

Sorry no unicorn outfit,, I don't think mine will be back from the cleaners in time

LGD

1 - 20 of 43 Posts