Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Resigned
1,152 Posts
Four very fine slingshots Tom. While I make all my own catapults I am beginning to think about buying the Pocket Shooter!

·
aka. bunnybuster
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A beautiful quartet, Tom.
What's the inner wood on that laminate (the one that looks like maple on the outside with dark wood inside)?
pelleteer,
the one has bloodwood in the center, and curly tiger maple sides.
The other laminate is osage orange, and has a dark exotic wood for handles. (cant remember the name of the wood)
the double ergo slingshots are osage, and leopardwood.
Today, I am glueing up bubinga, with an alder center....it should make some beauty slingshots.
Tom

·
Registered
1 Posts
ooooohhhh cool! I think #1 on the left must be mine! I can't wait to try it out - here in central Kansas, osage orange grows everywhere - we call it hedge. I use it in my woodstove and it puts out a lot of heat. That is one of the hardest woods there is. Looks like it will be a dandy!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I really like the dark wood of the one on the far right. I just ordered the curly maple and bloodwood laminate, which looks great by the way. I can't wait for it to come, and you can expect a few more orders from Orange, CT in the future.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've been target shooting with the curly maple and bloodwood laminate pocketshooter lately, and my friends are amazed at the quality. I also noticed that it his hard and is accurate. If possible, I'd give it three thumbs up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts