Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK this is for everybody that can’t stand to have slingshots simple. Here is a project that I have started. I have not decided if it will be a release or part of a trigger for a slingshot rifle. It is made from an old broken down nut cracker. I have used it several times just the way it is shown as a release and it works well. If I decide to use it as a release I will add a finger grip to it. At any rate it will be a while before I can get my sander out and finish it. The modified Hodge slingshot is just to show size. Tex

·
Registered
855 Posts
I'll take simplicity in general, but I do like that little release. Looks like a really small round ball mold.

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey that is a great idea. I have several of those nut crackers; I could make a round ball mold out of one of them. They would require inserts though as they will not close all the way even after modifying. I could make inserts from the handles that I cut from this one. Have you ever seen a round ball mold without a sprue? The frontiersmen used them all the time. Tex

1 - 5 of 5 Posts