Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Resigned
5,547 Posts
I have been doing nothing but butterfly with the 1745 tubes on my modified PFS. Have tried multiple tubes on each fork but for me one tube per fork at no more than 8 inches works best. With a 3/8 steel ball and full butterfly at 10 to 15 feet it will blow through a bean can a thin bean can. It also likes 5/16 steel ball and 1/2 inch white glass and it will handel a 5/8 marble gut 1/2 inch steel is pushing it. Im looking to try the 2040 tubes when I can get some. 1745 tubes at 8 inch makes for a great plinker and these tubes last. One thing about these tubes is that you cant hold them much more than a second and then they seem to reduce in power. Everything is a trade off. One thing I find with single tube one on each side that is not looped is that they do not get tangled. Yea.

·
Resigned
5,547 Posts
Forgot to mention 1/4 inch steel ball also works for these tubes and they are cheap. Yea Truly Texas are very good to deal with. Flint is the fellow that I order my tubes and shot from and hes also getting some black 2040 tubes I want to try this for plinking. But I may use 2 or 3 tubes for each fork. There is always an experiment in the works.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.