Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I know I'm talking a lot but this is a lot of fun
So this morning at 3 when I got up I couldn't do anything but think slingshots so put a new band on a slingshot and then go out and try butterfly again this morning
I am using the red white and blue wide frame seems to be more forgiving than the PFS about making mistakes and until I learn more forgiving is better .
So yesterday I worked up to 3/4 butterfly still kept in a way from my face couldn't hit diddley squat but was getting the form and the pinch hold down . But I was also shooting 4 other slingshots with different band links and different points of reference .
Today I have settled down to the red white and blue widebody long bands and the black widebody with short band . Sometimes in these woods there's not enough room to stretch out for butterfly to get a good shot .

Anyways back to the butterfly I touched the side of my face backed off just a hair like the man Mr. Bone Terry himself said to do and I read that somewhere else 30 times figured I better do it . Scary at first Felt myself pulling away doing little stupid things then settle down and shot placement got real nice . Not really worried about hitting exactly right now but I would like it to go damn close to where I was aiming so now I'm going to spend many many hours perfecting the technique at 5,10 ,to 20meters 33 feet
Picking up a few things today then I probably will be on the Homestead for a month to a month and a half without leaving
Just maybe to go get Mail slingshot shit Lol
Going to let the world go crazy for a couple months then come out and see what's left .
Again thanks to all of you you're helping me a lot I'm learning a lot .

·
Registered
193 Posts
Nice! I have days like that where all I can think about is shooting! I haven't quite got the stones to try some proper butterfly shooting yet so your steps ahead of me. It is quite a terrifying feeling shooting right past your mush

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Comb your mustache hairs out-of-the-way hurts like hell
Just got the heavens emperor in the mail from China nice little slingshot heavy little shieft

·
Banned
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice he says it's not difficult at all
I did it like on my third shot Lol but it was the lady's next-door neighbors playing cards in the kitchen lol
No that's some good shooting
Thanks for the tip

·
Premium Member
9,607 Posts
Once you feel the power of butterfly it’s hard to go back. I started out with really light bands. Made it a lot less scary. The draw back? I can’t shoot up at squirrels.

·
Banned
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like bills drawl length that is where I am very comfortable in a locked in position better for me than the cheek spot weld
And I believe in time that's where I will be shooting at most of the time except with that extra flexible PFS Bone Grip butterfly all the way and I'll keep one widebody butterfly probably the black one Keep the red white and blue for this three-quarter butterfly all the time shooting stuff
Kind of neat at this point in my life I can get the ones I want and don't have to get the ones that I can afford
So I spoiled myself Plus it's my birthday on Tuesday lol
My arms were so tired yesterday I did really good in the morning I went and did a bunch of chores came back home went out to shoot Arms dead so I just worked on the gallery at the end of the day went out and shot 10 shots from each only 20 Felt tired didn't want to damage my form or my hand on my face lol
I'll try it again tonight

·
Banned
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bought one of bill hays hathcock slings
I picked up two tips on his video that really helped me out a lot so I figured I would help him out and it was one of the designs that got me looking into slingshots seems like a lot of people like to copy that design
So I Had to get me one to check it out it's got some tough competition heavens emperor Bone Grip widebody Bone Grip PFS and now pocket predator Hathcock if that don't do me for the next few years I'm way too spoiled lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts