Slingshots Forum banner

Butterfly shooters

4K views 32 replies 21 participants last post by  dgui 
#1 ·
Hello,

i recently began to shoot with butterfly style, and i don't think i will go back to my previous way of shooting.

It is a little bit scary the first shots, but you become more and more confident and progressively raise your accuracy.

I just made another band set yestrerday evening, lighter, and now, i going to go from half butterfly to full butterfly

The speed achieved is so impressive with such a light band set, even with .44 lead ball, it's crazy.

Who here shoot the butterfly style?

Who plan to do it?

See less See more
#3 ·
I do as well!!!!

#4 ·
When I tried before I hurt my neck quite badly,
but I'm pretty sure I'll be buying some of Perry's new band-sets to try it out again!

#28 ·
Hi, I made this a couple weeks ago, and been shooting it everyday since. It gives me 40cm. extension, and 2m. total drawlength at full butterfly stretch from fork to pouch. Effectiv drawlength with tension on the bands are 160cm. Its supported in my armpit and is really steady, no problem with light bands. Thera Gold :2cm to 1cm tapering and 41.5cm lenght before attachment. I dont have a chrony, but this whip those 3/8s and 1/2" whith tremendous speed. Sleeve Grey Road surface Bedrock Asphalt
Water Sky Cloud Mountain Natural environment
Water Cloud Mountain Sky Lake
Cloud Sky Water Mountain People in nature
Water Cloud Sky Mountain Lake

Attachments

#29 ·
Great Natural fork extension. -- Tex

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.