Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Resigned
5,547 Posts
That is one sweet looking shooter and attachment you have going. There is nothing like Butterfly shooting I dont vary much from that style. It seems once you are proficient enough with it, it becomes a part of you. Grace, power, style and accuracy is Butterfly shooting. Since I have been doing Butterfly shooting I find that I can also do the instantanious release with assurance it will meet its mark. I know im beating a dead horse but try the tex express bands one on each fork these babies are very fast and stable and I bind mine so that I have a 9 1/2 inch between the pouch and fork and I stretch it out to 58 inches and they endure very well for me. The more you do it the more you want to. Im completly hooked.

·
Resigned
5,547 Posts
Okay, I went out and shot for another hour and now I take back my original judgment about power. I was able to draw farther back after a while and was very impressed that the 3/8 steel balls were now puncturing a steel tomato can. That's impressive when you are only supporting the frame with 3 fingers.

I wanted to make a video, so I asked my wife who tried about 5 times and just couldn't get it right. Each time I tried to just get her to record 3 shots and then stop the camera. Every time except the one below, I hit the can once. By this time I was (we were) so frustrated I just called it quits.

But I'll show it anyway. Three misses:

It is difficult to see how your holding your shooter so I will post 3 pics and offer this as one possibility to try. The first two pics are 90 degree holds which are traditional the third pic is how I prefer to point with my shooter as the projectile might avoid the forks altogether.

Attachments

·
Resigned
5,547 Posts
yup, I do point the tips forward about 15 degrees or so. I learned about this from you, Dgui.
Then might I suggest Natural Latex Flatbands from Tex. Only one express band on each fork and you wont have to use a string extension cause they stretch good and plenty and they produce a stable shot release and then you will pound the pudin out of anything you want to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.