Slingshots Forum banner

CAD Software

3K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  The Gopher 
#1 ·
I can't help it: Please, please, please get this easy to learn and very affordable program: http://www.deltacad.com/

. . . been using it professionally for yrs. Can't say enough good things about it.

#3 ·
#4 ·
#13 ·
That's absolutely ridiculous. Never, ever, ever on God's green earth will I pay that, even if I could afford it, it's matter of principle. You can keep your outrageously priced programs and I'll just eyeball it for free. Sure I'll get it wrong sometimes, but I didn't spend $5000. And updates$$$$$? You're smoking rocks, bud. I do believe you have found the exception to the rule of doing it right the first time. At least you get to use the program for free!

#14 ·
That's absolutely ridiculous. Never, ever, ever on God's green earth will I pay that, even if I could afford it, it's matter of principle. You can keep your outrageously priced programs and I'll just eyeball it for free. Sure I'll get it wrong sometimes, but I didn't spend $5000. And updates$$$? You're smoking rocks, bud. I do believe you have found the exception to the rule of doing it right the first time. At least you get to use the program for free!
We build precision measuring machines that measure down to sub nanometer range and sell for $100,000-$1,000,000. Out customers are high-tech semiconductor manufactures that need this equipment. YOU CAN'T EYEBALL IT AND YOU CAN'T GET IT WRONG SOMETIMES! If you get it wrong, then MILLIONS of dollars of product can be scrap. We make a machine that inspects 300mm semiconductor wafers. Each wafer is worth $20,000 (they can be more). It inspects about 100 wafers a day. $5,000 is a drop in a bucket. It's not a matter of principle, it economy's of scale.

#18 ·
i use draftsight, it is free and i find it very easy to use.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.