Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question, I’ve developed calluses in my thumb and in my knuckle where I rest ammo. Not that I can do much about this, but was wondering if you all with years of shooting have experienced this and if so, does it have an effect on accuracy? I’ve shot several thousand “rounds” without experiencing a fork hit but lately I get a random fork hit which I think may be from a speed bump effect from the calluses. It doesn’t happen often…
Thoughts?

· Registered
1,554 Posts
My thought is that calluses are natural and what happened from shooting from the same part of your finger over and over again. I had the same problem with no Fork hits ever and then having random Fork hits after a while. For me it came down to getting sloppy, and it becoming so second nature that I wasn't focused enough on my technique. Pay attention to those Fork hits and see what you're doing wrong when it happens.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you are right. Sloppiness may very well have been the issue for me. It certainly surprises me when it happens. It’s hard to diagnose when it feels like nothing has changed but if that were the case it (fork hit) would happen much more frequently.
Thanks for the feedback!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts