Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
there are many styles of camo in the world but a few of my favorites (in order) include:

german flecktarn (woodland then desert)
danish m84 (same as german but green spectrum)
canadian cadpat (woodland and desert; hard to obtain)
united states marpat (woodland and desert)
austrian alpenflage (during autumn)

does anyone else have favorites?

http://camo.henrikc.dk/all.asp

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
My favorite camo is "Real Tree" while sitting under a bush! My second is "Mossy Oak" while sitting against an old tree! I wear camo all the time at home. That way it's hard for my wife to find me for the honey-do list.

·
Banned
913 Posts
Advantage Timber works well in the desert...remember if you are using camo you are likely to keep yourself concealed also. This pattern does the job in scrub and sagebrush. I also recommend David Scott-Donelan's "Camoflauge and Concealment" video, it is a little redundant and corny at times but really does drive the message home. This is available from Paladin Press. An excellent primer for anyone going outdoors with some great tips on movement also. David was a combat tracker in the Rhodesian Selous Scouts.

·
Banned
913 Posts
i like british DPM but not the new one!
Too much black IMO. Black is a bad color choice usually, especially in if on the print is larger than 4 inches square. Nothing in nature is black by itself, with the exception of recent fire burnt forest. It just stands out. But it's just my opinion. It does look cool though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts