·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
First of all I need to say I was not involved in this project in anyway. I just happened to be there the day before the camp's fall festival when the range was officially opened. I don't know why these girls chose a slingshot range as their Silver Award projet, but I am glad they did. After this weekend i believe the range will be relocated to a permenent location on the camp. They bring many of the activities to a central location for the festival. This years festival celebrates the 80th anniversary of Camp McCormick.

The ammo is 3/8" clay balls and the slingshots are Pocket Predator products. As you can guess the targets have great sound when hit.

"Ranger" Jason the girls mentioned in the video is the property manager for the Girl Scouts of Northern Illinois. The GSNI is made up of several camps. Jason and his boss Charlie have been trying to get some kind of slingshot program on the camps for a couple of years.

Camp McCormick also has an Archery range, an Air Rifle range and soon to get a Tomahawk range. The camp also offers other activities such as crate stacking, geo caching, gnome hunting and of course camping and hiking. The camp also has a gaga pit and a life size foosball game.

·
Premium Member
4,030 Posts
Yes, the Girl Scouts are coming for you boys!
Their preferred slingshots seem to be the BoyShots that TAG likes so much...
Kids are where it's at, they're our future and there's far more good one's than there are bad... unfortunately all we get to see in the main stream media is the bad though... so it's good to see it when they post up like these girls and all did.

In all we've supplied something like 35-40 boy and girl scout troop groups so far... I'd post pictures and so forth, but I'm reluctant to do so because it's other people's kids and I don't even post pics of my own kids much anymore because of internet weidos.

·
Premium Member
11,242 Posts
Thank you for sharing, this made my day👍 Thank you Bill and Daranda for all you do for the sport of slingshots. I honestly feel the Boy Shot is the perfect slingshot to not only start the young shooters out, but it will accommodate them for several years.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Maybe we could do a GoFundMe for them. That way they could use the funds towards slingshot related equipment (slings, bands, ammo, etc..) as they saw fit. We’d need a trusted forum member to run it. I’ve never put one of those up before so I’m not sure how to do it. But even a ten dollar donation from a handful of members would be a considerable and appreciated contribution I’m sure. The more we can keep them slinging the better. Direct contributions from vendors are likely even tax deductible I’d imagine.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Maybe we could do a GoFundMe for them. That way they could use the funds towards slingshot related equipment (slings, bands, ammo, etc..) as they saw fit. We’d need a trusted forum member to run it. I’ve never put one of those up before so I’m not sure how to do it. But even a ten dollar donation from a handful of members would be a considerable and appreciated contribution I’m sure. The more we can keep them slinging the better. Direct contributions from vendors are likely even tax deductible I’d imagine.
Eh… On second thought, a GoFundMe might not be the best route to take. I’m really happy to see that Bill has made significant donation though, that’s awesome. 👊

1 - 14 of 14 Posts