Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening,

This weekend my wife and I went across to some of the Seldovia Village Tribal land. It was a great trip with wonderful weather. We did a bit of poking around for black bears and we saw a few but none got the invite to come home for dinner.

We camped on the beach, near a large tidal flat. We set up the tent, and went to explore the wozenski river basin.

On the way there I was able to tag a squirrel and that went in the pot to add a bit to dinner. After a day of 8 miles of hiking a couple beers and fire cooked meat went down pretty well!
Trophy Shot Day 1!
tQnuhnD.jpg

The road to the power lines,

alnY4wj.jpg

Water break,

m57YJW1.jpg

The Woz river basin.
BUnchQD.jpg

On Day two we took it easy and only hiked about 7 miles. We spent a lot of time on the beach looking for interesting things, While poking around near the water we found a group of trees where pigeons were hanging out, which is weird because we were a long way from any town, and even the closest towns don't have many pigeons. Anyway Ugly Duckling made short work of one and we cooked up the breast meat right there on the beach as we watched the sunset in the evening. (sunset is after 11 pm now)

02sKo7k.jpg?1

n3DLjo3.jpg

On the way out we saw a sow blackbear and two cubs playing in the mud as they crossed the road. We kept a safe distance and the dog behaved himself. After they were long gone I took a picture of their prints.

2sBveMU.jpg

As the night approached we headed back to camp to make a fire for dinner and watch the setting of the sun.

4uvGzj8.jpg

7ScwZPP.jpg

I hope you enjoyed this little adventure follow along. Have a great week!

Msturm

·
Registered
662 Posts
Wow, you and ugly duckling are doing it right. A man, and his everyday slingshot. Meals across the trail without gun ammunition. This is the stuff dreams are made of. Looks like the cold weather bands are still preforming well, hopefully we can get more stories and adventures my brotha. Your fan hanging on to every word you post waiting for the "til next time!"

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Freezin' my Butt Off
709 Posts
Wow! That's a fat squirrel! Great kills! Up here in Fairbanks, our squirrels aren't even worth shooting they're so scrawny.

·
Premium Member
3,228 Posts
Good evening,

This weekend my wife and I went across to some of the Seldovia Village Tribal land. It was a great trip with wonderful weather. We did a bit of poking around for black bears and we saw a few but none got the invite to come home for dinner.
We camped on the beach, near a large tidal flat. We set up the tent, and went to explore the wozenski river basin.
On the way there I was able to tag a squirrel and that went in the pot to add a bit to dinner. After a day of 8 miles of hiking a couple beers and fire cooked meat went down pretty well!
Trophy Shot Day 1!
tQnuhnD.jpg
[/size]

The road to the power lines,
alnY4wj.jpg
[/size]

Water break,
m57YJW1.jpg
[/size]

The Woz river basin.
BUnchQD.jpg
[/size]

On Day two we took it easy and only hiked about 7 miles. We spent a lot of time on the beach looking for interesting things, While poking around near the water we found a group of trees where pigeons were hanging out, which is weird because we were a long way from any town, and even the closest towns don't have many pigeons. Anyway Ugly Duckling made short work of one and we cooked up the breast meat right there on the beach as we watched the sunset in the evening. (sunset is after 11 pm now)
02sKo7k.jpg?1

n3DLjo3.jpg

On the way out we saw a sow blackbear and two cubs playing in the mud as they crossed the road. We kept a safe distance and the dog behaved himself. After they were long gone I took a picture of their prints.
2sBveMU.jpg

As the night approached we headed back to camp to make a fire for dinner and watch the setting of the sun.
4uvGzj8.jpg

7ScwZPP.jpg

I hope you enjoyed this little adventure follow along. Have a great week!
Msturm
Amazing!

Thanks for sharing.

Cumberland Plateau share.

Also see Big South Fork NRRA.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts