Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It ain't pretty, but maybe it can be pimped up when it's done. What is it? And what do you think of the idea?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Robo Cop called. He wants his slingshot back.
Just kidding DH, it looks great. Post pics as soon as its done. By the way, that ergo you sent me has hardly left my hand. Its a new favorite and Im shooting better with it.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I'm gonna go with the mini dog hurdle too.

Before you put the hand brace and bands on that thing you ought to polish the heck out of it. Copper is really beautiful stuff.

·
11,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Robo Cop called. He wants his slingshot back.
Just kidding DH, it looks great. Post pics as soon as its done. By the way, that ergo you sent me has hardly left my hand. Its a new favorite and Im shooting better with it.
RoboCop, ha, ha! Good one Saxon. Glad you like the slingshot. What rubber did you use?

·
11,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm gonna go with the mini dog hurdle too.

Before you put the hand brace and bands on that thing you ought to polish the heck out of it. Copper is really beautiful stuff.
I agree with you Pelleteer, but I just can't wait. I thought about it, but I want to put some bands on it and see if it shoots to my liking first. It'd be a shame to put lots of time into polishing and pimping, then find out that it shoots like crap. Besides, its plumbing pipes. It can never be all that beautiful.

·
11,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So, anyway... here it is. Fired off about 10 or 15 rounds with it and the barn kept ducking or something. I kept shooting about 3 feet over it.
Hit my wrist a couple of times, too:aahhhh:.

Below is how the strap is attached. There is a dowel inside to accept the screw.

Thanks for lookin'

·
Registered
855 Posts
Hmmm...looks very functional to me. I'm guessing the barn was swaying out of the way of your shots in the breeze.
Looks really nice.

·
Super Moderator
6,633 Posts
Very Innovative DH! Nice touch the dowel idea. Looks like it will shoot well and if not ,you can always use another diverter under the sink!
Very nice!
Flatband

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Nice one!

Two little tipps.

- The fork is a bit low. Try stretching your fingers instead of gripping the handle bar hard. This way you won't raise your knuckles. Or make the fork a bit higher.

- The hand brace has too much play. Shorten the strap.

Good luck

Jörg

Off to Vegas now! Sadly, just a busy business trip...

·
Registered
88 Posts
RoboCop, ha, ha! Good one Saxon. Glad you like the slingshot. What rubber did you use?
[/quote]

I used Bill Herriman's Express bands. I have them on most of my slingshots.

·
11,245 Posts
- The fork is a bit low. Try stretching your fingers instead of gripping the handle bar hard. This way you won't raise your knuckles. Or make the fork a bit higher.

- The hand brace has too much play. Shorten the strap.
Right on both counts, Jorg. I also cut the bands too long. For more power, I am going to shorten them. But eventually Thera-Gold is going on. I am planning on raising the fork about a half inch, and adding a little padding under the strap to tighten the fit. If that doesn't work, then I will shorten.

Thanks everybody for the kind comments. If I get that groundhog, I'll let you know (should I post pics?)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts