Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased the dankung black scorpion slingshot and while waiting for it to be delivered I realised that it looks like its designed only for tubes.
I feel much more comfortable using flatbands but am unsure how to attach them.
Has anyone done this if so could you post a vid/some pics to show how its done.
Thanks.
Mk.

P.s This is the slingshot if it helps.

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
Michael,

Attaching flat bands to that model is going to be difficult. The Cougar (Dankung) Model, which was designed by Joerg Sprave, is designed to utilize both tube, and flat bands.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Stick with tubes on that one, you wont be happy if you stick bands on it, it's just not designed for them

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Why not stick it in the classifieds and buy a flatband shooter?

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Well, you can attach flatbands to this frame, even though it is much less than ideal for that task.

Roll the flatbands up, push the roll through the hole, then kink and tie around one of the sides. Will work fine, but the optics...

That setup will be like making love to a very fat woman... feels great, just you don't wanna look at it!

(Sorry for this totally un-PC joke, couldn't help it).

·
Registered
273 Posts
That setup will be like making love to a very fat woman... feels great, just you don't wanna look at it! .
100/100 true

if you dontt mind modifing the original shape you can mill flat the claws, then attaching band over the hole would be easier and you could still fitt tubes pretty confortable.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok thanks alot guys I already have tubes and will buy some of the new flatbands fish is talking about and decide then.
Thanks Again.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts