Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Mojave Mo
5,181 Posts
Blue. Just between you and I...I...well....hmmm.... I've never cut a can!!?
I want too. I've hit em' off a stump, or smacked one hiding in the bushes, but never a full-blown can attack with the goal of putting a space of air between the top and bottom. Why you ask??!
I don't want to make any more noise than I already do when I am shooting. I don't know my new neighbors well enough, and I don't like drawing unwanted attention.
Do you have any input or advice on addressing this dilemma? Signed, Somewhat Quiet Shooter.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
Congratulations, Blue Raja.

I just lately started cutting...and with 8mm (5/16") Steels. Woo sometimes that last little bit takes some doing.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Blue Raja congratulations brotha!

Don't you love the sound of ammo hitting the can and the last hit...quick silence..then the bottom half clanging to the ground. Priceless!

I love slice'n and dice'n cans bro! Here's my contribution brotha.

My old but first time introduction of my Spitting Cobra and my new favorite Monster flavor, The Mule- ginger brew. Delicious!

Shot with one looped 1632 tube dressed in paracord, a samurai Warrior roo pouch, and 3/8 steel ammo!

Sling-On!

Attachments

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I want too. I've hit em' off a stump, or smacked one hiding in the bushes, but never a full-blown can attack with the goal of putting a space of air between the top and bottom. Why you ask??!
I don't want to make any more noise than I already do when I am shooting. I don't know my new neighbors well enough, and I don't like drawing unwanted attention.
Do you have any input or advice on addressing this dilemma? Signed, Somewhat Quiet Shooter.
the can is only noisy first couple shots lol

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
the can is only noisy first couple shots lol
Yah Mo! I shoot cans in my apartment, at a reasonable time of course like between 10am-2pm, when everyone is mostly off to work. Haven't had anyone complain yet! Lol You can do it bro! Make some noise!!!!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dear Somewhat Quiet Shooter,

You certainly are faced with a dilemma! On the one hand, you want to develop your shooting prowess by "cutting a can" while on the other, you want to be a responsible neighbor, especially where you are new to the neighborhood. I am reminded of my dear Aunt Mabel, who was a bit of an iconoclast. When her neighbors used to gather for their weekly coffee klatch, instead of bringing sweets, she would bring a savory dish. Of course, the other ladies gossiped about her. Aunt Matilda just went about her business and ignored the gossip and snide remarks. Little by little, the Coffee klatch crowd ate more and more of Aunt Mabel's savory dishes, until her dishes were the most popular. Some of the other ladies started imitating her. Others "dropped in" and, under the pretext of borrowing "a cup of flour" or "a few eggs" would innocently ask for one of her savory recipes. Eventually the sweet dishes were replaced entirely with savory. And, wouldn't you know, one day Aunt Matilda was voted in as the president of the coffee klatch. Taking our cue from dear Aunt Matilda, couldn't you invite your neighbors to "cut some cans" with you? Maybe organize a field day with slingshot events? Offer a prize for the best shooter? It seems that the possibility are only limited by your imagination! Of course, don't forget refreshments, with penny of savory dishes.

Best wishes, gentle reader,

Abby

Have a question for Dear Abby? Write in care of this newspaper. Join the Dear Abby Fan Club by sending your check or money order (no cash, please) for $1.95, along with a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Dear Abby Fan Club, in care of this newspaper.

·
Mojave Mo
5,181 Posts
Dear Somewhat Quiet Shooter,

You certainly are faced with a dilemma! On the one hand, you want to develop your shooting prowess by "cutting a can" while on the other, you want to be a responsible neighbor, especially where you are new to the neighborhood. I am reminded of my dear Aunt Mabel, who was a bit of an iconoclast. When her neighbors used to gather for their weekly coffee klatch, instead of bringing sweets, she would bring a savory dish. Of course, the other ladies gossiped about her. Aunt Matilda just went about her business and ignored the gossip and snide remarks. Little by little, the Coffee klatch crowd ate more and more of Aunt Mabel's savory dishes, until her dishes were the most popular. Some of the other ladies started imitating her. Others "dropped in" and, under the pretext of borrowing "a cup of flour" or "a few eggs" would innocently ask for one of her savory recipes. Eventually the sweet dishes were replaced entirely with savory. And, wouldn't you know, one day Aunt Matilda was voted in as the president of the coffee klatch. Taking our cue from dear Aunt Matilda, couldn't you invite your neighbors to "cut some cans" with you? Maybe organize a field day with slingshot events? Offer a prize for the best shooter? It seems that the possibility are only limited by your imagination! Of course, don't forget refreshments, with penny of savory dishes.

Best wishes, gentle reader,

Abby

Have a question for Dear Abby? Write in care of this newspaper. Join the Dear Abby Fan Club by sending your check or money order (no cash, please) for $1.95, along with a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Dear Abby Fan Club, in care of this newspaper.
Excellent!!! I'm on a Can Cutting Mission my friend!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@Mojave Mo - good to hear that! In my warped imagination Abigail Van Buren competed (using her legal name "Pauline Phillips") in the World Slingshot Tournament and in a stunning victory, recovered the Hussey Cup from the Chinese.

Maybe you can organize a Dear Abby Memorial Slingshot Tournament? North Carolina is a bit of a distance for me, but for a tournament that combines Dear Abby and Slingshots, I would find a way to participate!

1 - 20 of 77 Posts