Slingshots Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· So Many Marbles ------------- So Little Time ;-)
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Got out and started flinging with a old/new Ranger Tactical I never shot, as it came from Bill, my first shot was a bit low, and then started to shoot well, did not spend a lot of time, but this sling works and I could set this up well, even though this sling is on the large size for me. I will change this pouch out to a smaller one tomorrow, better suited for 3/8" ammo.

I then tried the bone, set my anchor higher and aimed way, way lower, still shooting high, I did it for a short while and could not get it to shoot, everybody can, but for some reason it isn't working for me, I put it away for another day, it just feels so good in my hand I want to get this sling working for me.

I then took out a Cheapo with brand new 3050 tubes that I made up today.

At 15 yards first shot was a miss and then 10 hits in a row on a 9 inch pie tin. Was not super duper pooper accurate (hit the can that is in the middle just once) but in the zone for me.

Was pretty hot, so I had to leave.

wll

KawKan :

I will give your suggestion a good try, thank you.

4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Shot my Ranger and Mr Funky (the brown laminated sling) today. The Ranger has an old set of Theraband Gold and Mr Funky has 1/4 od singles on it.

The Ranger was real easy shooting but not enough poop for me, I'll be putting a set of SimpleShot 22mmx18mm flats on it and shoot that sling tomorrow.

The Mr Funky picked 'um up and put 'um down ... that 3/8" steel flew well, had some finger slap but it shot well. The fork height is a little to high so there is some wrist torque. These 1/4" od x1/16" wall are the heaviest tunes I would put on this sling, but that's OK because it brings 3/8" and 7/16" weight steel very good.

Mr. Funky is a pretty funky hand made sling, I may have got from a friend of all of ours, now departed "Old Miser".

I will say that this sling with these tubes is a very very good shooter, and puts the ammo where I want.

I'll be back tomorrow morning when the wind is not bad to shoot them some more.

Pics of both slings below.

Two%20Shooters%20sm.png

wll

4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Went out early this am and shot the Ranger with SS bands. All I can say it shoots very well and these bands send that 3/8" steel very well.

I'm not use to this sling so it took me a few to get comfortable, but when I did, I was there. Got to a point that I could aim using the edge of the fork, and that was pretty nice. Very rarely do I do that style of aiming as I shoot 95% Chinese wire slings and I aim different. I do aim pretty much the same way though when I shoot my F-16's.

Was shooting at 15 yards and smacked this old steel Xmas decoration and put a hole in it. These SimpleShot pre-cut bands have some punch :)

Xmass%20Decoration%20sm.png

wll

4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Great, great the wind is blowing #%&%!$×/>÷+#

I manage to get three shots off and smack the 10" pie pan 3 times from about 18 yards before one of my unemployed employees text me that Los Angeles will be in quarantine another 2-3 months. Perfect, now not only am I ticked off at the wind, but have no business for another 2+ months.

To say I'm unhappy now would be a #$&÷€♤&×[email protected]# understatement !

wll

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.