Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like an axiom champ made of wood. I will send you the wood and pay for your labor. PM me and we can discuss the details. Thanks for your time and consideration.

·
Singing along with the voices in my head
442 Posts
I'm all for buying what you want, but want to add to DSiL's thought there. I was extremely anxious about trying to make my own frames from a template. When it comes to building things, I feel like I'm all thumbs. But... A few bucks invested in a coping saw and some sandpaper, and I've managed to bang out a few frames from HDPE and phenolic. I made a pretty crappy one from some hardwood floor scrap (1st attempt), but I've noticed you learn a little from each attempt, and I'll be darned if these less than professional frames can't shoot better than I can.

Tony The Slinger also makes a mean mini Axiom (I love mine he made), and has just posted a thread about building to requests.

So by all means, do buy one to get a nice one, but if you have even the slightest interest, I would recommend making some sawdust and giving it a go as well. You might find you like it :)

Best of luck in whichever direction you go.

Here's some of my builds (and a template I made for when I try an Axiom Champ).

bxX8jcF.jpg

And the mini Axiom from Tony the Slinger

e3iDgV9.jpg

·
Registered
5,712 Posts
I dont have the skill level to shape it properly. Or own a coping saw.
Very few of us did. Of the myriad good things about all of this is that most of the things that you need are cheaper than a Starbucks and skill grows from practice, encouragement and advice from your Peers, as well confidence in yourself.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I think you should try getting the basic shape should not be a problem having a perfect finish can take some patience but it's not really necessary if it's just for yourself anyway

1 - 9 of 9 Posts