Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello SlingshotForum friends!!!

I present my latest work, a natural bark-on slingshot, carved out from a sugar maple fork (Acer saccharum).

This fork was part of a gift from a very well known member (I believe he's still a member here :) ) of SSF, Clever Moniker.

He was kind enough in sending me two great pieces of sugar maple and it was arranged for me to send him a natural slingshot of mine. Naturally, in a patriotic way, he asked me to carve his shooter on one of the sugar maple forks, which (I believe) it is the Canadian national tree. It was finished with linseed oil and some coats of beeswax. The "bark-on" handle bottom is nothing new, but I decided to give it a try myself. I think it enhanced the natural look of the piece.

I hope Clever Moniker likes the slingshot!! :wave:

Thanks for watching!!!

Cheers ...Q

Jaw Wood Gesture Finger Food
Wood Gesture Artifact Finger Natural material
Food Plant Fruit Staple food Wood
Food Plant Hand Fruit Tree
Jaw Finger Terrestrial plant Thumb Vegetable
Plant Wood Food Finger Gesture
Food Jaw Gesture Finger Thumb

Attachments

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow. That sugar maple is sweet. Character galore. My Canadian compatriot will be very pleased.

Thank you for sharing, Master Q.
Sir, you have some quite quality wood as your national symbol!!!! :)

Thank you so much for watching and comment, my friend!!!

Best regards to you and the family!!

Cheers ...Q

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Another beauty Q. The bark on look is great with your style. Thank you for sharing.
Hello QIMN!!!!

How are you, my friend??

Thank you so much for your rewarding feedback!! The bark-on was a first experience, I'm glad you've liked it!!

Cheers ...Q

·
Mr. Moniker
882 Posts
I'm so grateful you have no idea my friend! This slingshot is just a beauty. I'm not one to own many things in life, I will be so proud to own this you have no idea!!!

Thanks again. :)

And yes, you are correct, the Sugar Maple is the natinal tree. My grandpa used to make the best syrup in the world from the sugar maple too. So it's not just a patriotic symbol for me, it's also a fond memory of my grandpa.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.