Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I first need to thank all of you from this forum that have had my back and given such amazing support over the last several months. It really has meant the world to me to have Ya'll on my side over the last 9 months!! First off after CAT scans, MRI's and countless tests over the last 2 weeks, I am OVERLY JOYED to announce I have moved past Colon Cancer and have clean bill of health from my doctors!! That chapter of my journey is over, and I am on the Bigger and Better things!!

My partner and I had 8 days in Southern Colorado at our favorite hot springs to celebrate being done with Chemo! I spent 30 minutes every morning hiking up a steep mountain trail to reach the most amazing hot springs, and then commenced to soak 4 to 5 hours every morning under a beautiful and old cedar tree. Head to the homemade page to read about finding and making this, my first natty in the mountains.

My shooting and consistency has improved 100% in the last few days, with the shaking, weakness and numbness in my hands subsiding I getting back on my game!!!!!!!!!!! I know it will be another 7 to 9 months before I am back to my old strength and solidness in my life...but I am rejoicing to be able to hit a 30mm spinner 11 times in a row like I did yesterday!!

I have changed my main anchor point after getting a gift of a 85mm fork width hand made slingshot from Treeman. I find it easier to find my anchor and I have modified all my slingshot that I can to match my new and improved anchor point.

That's about it for now...here is my new natty called Valley Cedar and my most excellent gift from Treeman I am calling Little Olive.
Valley Cedar.JPG

Little Olive.JPG

·
Registered
871 Posts
Fantastic news Vince. Reading that just raised my spirits and I’m exceptionally happy for you. Truly. I can feel it in my heart right now.
Excellent Natty and frame. I may need to contact Treeman here soon. That’s an excellent frame and wider forks do make a noticeable difference.
On a personal note I would make a recommendation of sticking with the positive lifestyle you’ve adapted to throughout your journey if it suits you. The cancer is gone but it still might prove to be a constant nourishment to the spirit. Congratulations again, friend.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! And yes moving forward with the continued healthy lifestyle and positive Vibes for the world and fermented vegetables. The slingshot treeman made for me is a truly excellent quality and is an awesome shooter! I used .5 simpleshot latex 15x10 taper and it makes that ¼" steel fly like a bullet!

·
Registered
738 Posts
Cancer free
8 days in a hot springs
improved shooting
Slingshot from Treeman, and
the ugliest natty ever built :)

Seriously - wonderful news Vince - Stay well and enjoy!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Tobor8man... that's some good stuff for sure! And that is not an ugly Natty, that is a very unique and a one-of-a-kind slingshot!! :p what do you expect? That is my very first natural Fork I've made I Got to build-up to the beautiful ones.

·
Konrad
304 Posts
Oye Vince,
How are you mate? Glad you doing well. I am not taking a dig at you personally over sharpened tappers, nor anyone else. I am just saying they where billed as a 20% increase in speed and the hype was a load of bulldust. I have one for you. Use grade g100 thru to g10 steel balls for shots over 14 yards, it does make a difference. I am hitting a coke can at 55 yards with the slingshot rifle.
I spent money on Copydex and was hardly worth it.
Salutations.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts