Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
99 Posts
Scott (Fork Hunter),

Last night I laid up the camo print for your slingshot in a close equivalent to realtree, as requested in your PM.

The results are very encouraging; it's as good as any I've done before. The polyester resin has solidified thoroughly, there don't appear to be dry spots, voids or bubbles and the press has produced a laminate plate of uniform 1/2" thickness. Moreover, the print came out well without much darkening and without the colours running. The surface texture is lovely too.

I have now trimmed the slab now that it has had 24 hours to fully set. Examination if the cut cross-section looks good. I've just now rescaled the template to your hand size and I'll cut the board them take a piece of scrap the size of one of the forks and use that to determine the laminate's static breaking strain (hopefully more than 30lbs per fork). Only at that point will I truly know whether the process has been successful and I can begin the simple process of actually making your board-cut frame. Don't worry; my back-up plan is just to put a layer on each side of commercially produced micarta, which is what I might do on a production item, but I feel a full lay-up is so much more satisfying.

I'll keep you posted on my progress over the weekend.

That looks outstanding !

I can't wait to hear about how it's going as you progress.

Do I understand you right , that you can't get natural forks where you live ?

- Scott ( Fork Hunter )

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.