Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I havnt been on for a while cos i cant shoot my catapults no more, i have a lot of pain when i try to use the catapults, so my hunting days are over, ive cut all my hunting bands down to target bands,
at least have my guns and dogs, but will miss the catapults, cheers a fed up jeff

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
best to stop and perhaps get it checked out with an x-ray and physical if you would like

stretching might help increase perfusion and getting rid of all the lactic acid accumulated in your tendons

stretching should be static and 30~60 seconds

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
I understand, I hve nerve damage in my left hand. Some strength may come back, it did with mine. -- Tex

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hey Jeff...

Bad to hear this. Maybe you could get a lot of you power back by a good physiotherapy?! Didn't you doctor advise you to do so?

I hope your strength will come back.

I broke my right hand several times as a young roughneck. The last time it broke I had a big surgery and I got a pretty huge piece of metal implanted in my hand. The doctor said,"Your boxing days are over and your days as a pianist as well if you don't do physiotherapy." (I was never a pianist but nevermind)
After a few weeks training the hand under supervision of a nice nurse the feeling and the strength came partially back. The first time trying to shoot trap after the surgery was ****... I couldn't even hold a rifle. Pulling the pouch of a slingshot unthinkable...
Today everything is fine again. Nearly 90% of the power did increase again.

I hope you will get well soon and you will be able to start you passion for slingshots again.

Greetings

Ulf

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
when nerves get damaged the endoneurial sheath might still be intact, although both ends of the nerve die off around the site of injury regeneration can occur at the proximal end at a rate of 2mm/day. we just don't know how far back the damage is.

also if you would like to have a surgery done it will help, however i doubt it will return to previous strength levels from the cases i've seen at microsurgery department. normal function can be resumed no problem.

you may try out wrist braced slingshots they require no grip just put your palm against the handle, i have very nice extra ones if you want, free of charge, you may choose to return to me when you recover

give the hand some rest i'm sure most of it will come back

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Join the club, Jeff. Very sorry to hear about this. I'm not as bad off as you, but I can't pull the double thera gold's anymore either. If you can still shoot targets with your forks, all is not lost, mate. It's still a lot of fun. Keep smiling, whatever.

·
Premium Member
4,900 Posts
Sorry to hear this,wishing you the best.

·
Super Moderator
10,991 Posts
Certainly you have my sympathies. You might try one of the wrist brace models, as was suggested. Or make a glove shot, which also does not require a lot of hand strength. If the problem is holding the pouch, try switching hands. OR (what I like) make yourself a slingshot crossbow. If you can shoot a rifle or shotgun, you will do fine with a slingshot crossbow.

Cheers ...... Charles

1 - 20 of 24 Posts