Slingshots Forum banner

Can't Stay Logged Off

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  CrowShot 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I posted this in a different forum not knowing there is a special forum for bugs and problems so I'm posting again.

Is anyone else having a problem staying logged off ? I can log off fine but when I come back I'm already logged on. The "remember me" box isn't checked so that isn't the problem.

If others are having this problem please let me know. If anyone had this problem and corrected it, please let me know what you did.

This is the only site I'm having the problem. Also, I notice many functions take a long time to load and I have a very fast PC. Again, this is the only site with this problem.

#3 ·
The forum software behaves like a high mileage used car - lots of problems. I too have a good computer with good security, yet experience very slow loading and different wonky bugs every week. These problems don't occur for me anywhere else on the net.

About a year ago, it seems some kind of tweaking was tried and the issues were really bad. After a din of complaints, the situation returned to it's current state of 'walking wounded'. I don't recall having these issues prior to being acquired by Vertical Scope.

Reactions: Tag
#5 ·
Your password manager remembers the login for this site. Look in "Settings" or whatever your browser calls it, maybe Preferences. Find the passwords section, and delete the entry for Slingshot Forum. The next time you log in, it should ask you if you want it to remember the password. Sorry I can't be more specific, but the procedure is slightly different on different browsers.

#6 ·
Thanks for all that replied. I will give the suggestions a try and let you know if it worked.

Also, might add, I receive an email whenever I get a reply or like to my posts. However, for whatever reason I didn't receive any emails to this post. Strange.

#7 ·
Thanks to the Administrator and a couple other members, I did as suggested and cleared my caches and cookies and it solved the problem.

Thanks again guys, I appreciate the help.

Now if I can only figure out why "Use Full Editor" doesn't come up when I make a post I'd be a happy camper.

#9 ·
Remember that there are two methods that can be implemented here. You can choose the "remember me" option which probably saves the login info in a cookie. However since you do not see that option checked that is likely not the case. However the more likely cause is probably that the browser itself is caching the login info. Perhaps the question was missed. However if you clear all browser cache, cookies etc. The problem should be corrected.

#10 ·
Glad to hear it's working for you. Is the "Use Full Editor" the "more reply options" window? What happens when you click on it?

Niall
Unfortunately, when I click "Start New Topic" and the page comes up, neither "Use Full Editor" or " More Reply Options" are anywhere on the page.

When I click on "Manage Poll", the poll page come up and I can add the title, question and multiple choice answers. When I click "Finish" on the bottom of the poll page everything goes away.

#11 ·
With regards to the poll, as I said in the other thread, that is the function of the poll. When you click finish the poll window will disappear, and once you submit the post it will show.

I'm not too sure about the full editor issue you're having as I'm not getting it on my end. What browser/device are you using so I can try to replicate? Can you try testing with a different browser?

Niall

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.