Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It all started when I made UrbanShooter's Gherkin Gapper out of some oak board I had lying around. I was just bored and looking for a fun project over the weekend, but something happened when I banded it up. The way the frame disappeared in my hand, the light pull on single 1632 tubes, the rush of leather and steel clearing my fingers by an inch. It's like a bolt of electricity went through my brain!

Ever since then I can't stop thinking about PFS. What would it be like to have a smaller gap? A smaller frame? Do I even need forks? What madness is this?!

What should I do SSF? Is there hope for me, or do I just succumb? I've been perusing the templates looking for something suitable to try and make.

If you have an easy DIY PFS frame template you'd like to recommend, let me know! I've got 1" red oak available, so it limits the frame design some, but the small forks (or lack thereof) do eliminate a lot of concerns about structural integrity.

*pictured is Gherkin Gapper along with simple natty

Attachments

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I made an opfs two days ago, to see what it's about. I don't twist and I don't tweak, shoot it 3/4 butterfly, and I get no fork hits, the ammo clears the frame, which is pointed forward a bit.
It is very comfortable to hold, much more than its size would suggest. I didn't feel any "electricity" when shooting it though.
All in all, I like it, it is comfy and very pocketable. I do think it would fare better when snap shooting though, as it is very small and light, and becomes an extension of the hand holding it.
It is a very easy frame to make out of birch plywood, so go ahead and make one :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts