Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have finished my first one. This is a tough material! Ruined two saw blades in the process. The dust is pure coal, very dirty and messy.

But it is worth it! This is super stable, super light and very shiny.

Of course I had to make it an "ergo", as it is thin and smooth. So you need some "edges" to hold it. Works really well! I will perfectionize the shape a bit before I will do the video.

Jörg

·
Resigned
5,563 Posts
Hello,

I have finished my first one. This is a tough material! Ruined two saw blades in the process. The dust is pure coal, very dirty and messy.

But it is worth it! This is super stable, super light and very shiny.

Of course I had to make it an "ergo", as it is thin and smooth. So you need some "edges" to hold it. Works really well! I will perfectionize the shape a bit before I will do the video.

Jörg
Nice, it looks Ergo. I think I would buy this.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Thanks for the praise, guys.

Adding a wooden handle would destroy the flat profile! This is great even in a shirt pocket, the thinnest, lightest slingshot I have ever seen that can take full power bands. The black band set I put on it has the same draw weight as "Hunterbands", but delivers slightly more energy because of the thinner, wider rubber.

You hold it "ergo style" with your index finger + thumb up on the fork. So you don't need a thick grip at all.

I am sure this one handles fork hits much better than wood. It is about the toughest, most unbreakable material I have ever worked with. But then again I never have any fork hits anyway.

Jörg

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have enhanced the shape a bit this mnorning and also shot with it, works great!

It weighs 50 gramms with the bands and pouch, less than a Snickers bar.

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
I have enhanced the shape a bit this mnorning and also shot with it, works great!

It weighs 50 gramms with the bands and pouch, less than a Snickers bar.

I see what you mean by how thin it is now, and it looks a lot better that shape, like it, jeff

·
Registered
484 Posts
this looks great, i want to built one, how thick is it? i plan laminating 2 thin carbon bords on a aluminium core, like here.
i think if it is to thin, it is uncomfortable to shoot.

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
this looks great, i want to built one, how thick is it? i plan laminating 2 thin carbon bords on a aluminium core, like here.
i think if it is to thin, it is uncomfortable to shoot.
Thats a nice slingshot, with the wood on it would not be so cold on the hands in the winter, an other good job, jeff

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Where did you get the carbon fiber?
Ebay.

@Baumstamm: A thin slingshot like this one (5mm) can't be comfortably shot in your preferred "hammer grip" style. That is why I made an ergo out of it. Shot in ergo style, it is quite comfortable really.

If you add a grip, may I recommend you use round carbon fiber rods instead of wood? That would be a better match I think.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts