Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Wowza! Nice shootin', Tag. That is what I shoot mostly...5/16" steel and 1632 or 1/2" straight cut flats.

Old Miser has talked me into some slight tapers. I dig it, but I am still getting used to it.

If your set up is not speedy enough may be give some tapers a try.

Again, Fine shooting.

·
Premium Member
11,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
image.jpg . I really want to cut a card with this setup if it's possible with such a lightweight setup. I try different targets to keep my mind from getting bored. When I'm shooting I have to keep it interesting. When I finally cut a card with this setup, or I'm convinced It's not enough power, then It's on to another interesting target.

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
I was having a hard time cutting cards with 1/2" ammo. I cut my next round of bands wider giving me more speed. Then it was a clean cut. I don't know the fps, it takes. I had watched a video on You tube that Bill had made about cutting cards, as Aka forgotten just mentioned. The big things were good cards, and speed. You might be able to ridged mount the card. I used a pony clamp. It was like someone held in there fingers if I shot too slow the card would slip. If I ridged mounted the card, more energy was not lost and I could cut at the slower speed. (Its exactly what he said not to do though.) Because it allows you to cut at slower speed.

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
I'm not a great shot by any means. It took me 2 days probably 750 shots and 1/2 deck of cards to figure that out. Just persistent and off work.
But a better shot than when you first tried ???? one of the things I love about shooting is there's always more to learn and everything learned helps for any target

·
Premium Member
11,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I’m back on kid setting, so not sure when I get to try again. I hope someone else will try 1632 tubes, and 5/16 steel. I do have some pie crusts weights Izvestia been saving for this summer when I try to light a match

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
I'm back on kid setting, so not sure when I get to try again. I hope someone else will try 1632 tubes, and 5/16 steel. I do have some pie crusts weights Izvestia been saving for this summer when I try to light a match
I did get out with 1516 and 5/16 today to see what I was doing wrong. Turned out I hadn't been getting full elongation (about 500%), when I did at 10m (33') they destroyed at satsuma and left some decent dents in a baked bean can.

Working my way to a match, but had to order real matches off Ebay, all ours are safety matches in case we burn ourselves ????

1 - 20 of 49 Posts