Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I use tightly banded together cardboard to see how different ammo penetrates or hits, today, i took 6 layers of cardboard, and used 3 types of ammo, and from the distance I was shooting heres what happened.
With 5/16 steel ball ammo,=30 grain weight- it went clear thru, didn' even seem to slow down(but i'm sure it did)
Used a 9/16 glass marble=78 grain weight- thru 3 layers-dimpled the 4th.
And my 3/8 hex nuts filled with lead= 200 grain weight-UHHHhh
Totally destroyed my cardboard i was shootin at, really tore a huge hole and ripped things apart.
But I like the 5/16 best.
used couple different cattys, Flatband and Dankung General.
What's this prove??? I dunno=got too much time on my hands I guess

·
Registered
48 Posts
OK I use tightly banded together cardboard to see how different ammo penetrates or hits, today, i took 6 layers of cardboard, and used 3 types of ammo, and from the distance I was shooting heres what happened.
With 5/16 steel ball ammo,=30 grain weight- it went clear thru, didn' even seem to slow down(but i'm sure it did)
Used a 9/16 glass marble=78 grain weight- thru 3 layers-dimpled the 4th.
And my 3/8 hex nuts filled with lead= 200 grain weight-UHHHhh
Totally destroyed my cardboard i was shootin at, really tore a huge hole and ripped things apart.
But I like the 5/16 best.
used couple different cattys, Flatband and Dankung General.
What's this prove??? I dunno=got too much time on my hands I guess
I like to do that kind of stuff too. It may be pointless to some but I find it fun and interesting.

Don

·
Registered
88 Posts
Heck yeah, half the stuff I pick up I think to myself "Wonder if my catty can put a lead ball through this?"

·
Resigned
5,563 Posts
After clocking myself with a hex head nut I quit shooting them. They are also dangerous to the shooter and not just the shootee. I will only shoot things that are round so they will always release cleanly from any pouch. A self inflicted hex head nut to the eye will end slingshot shooting in this life. Just cuz it fits in the pouch does not mean it out to be shot.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah-I quit using them this week, tearing up too much stuff, and messed up my Dankung with fork hits=DURNIT=

After clocking myself with a hex head nut I quit shooting them. They are also dangerous to the shooter and not just the shootee. I will only shoot things that are round so they will always release cleanly from any pouch. A self inflicted hex head nut to the eye will end slingshot shooting in this life. Just cuz it fits in the pouch does not mean it out to be shot.

·
Registered
273 Posts
[quote name='Bugar' date='11 May 2010 - 09:31 PM' timestamp='1273606261' post='8953']
Yeah-I quit using them this week, tearing up too much stuff, and messed up my Dankung with fork hits=DURNIT=

dankung are quite rugged, just find some good steel compound and a good cloth wheel: your' fork wiull shine like brand new

·
Registered
395 Posts
Up for this quite old post

I made a test this evening, with a 9mm lead ball shoot at 5m

Twelve layers of cardboard

day after day, i am impressed by the power of that "toy"

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
I like to see these kinds of tests. I'm not too smart so I can understand them better than mathematical charts and formulas. Even though the charts and formulas may tell me that what I see with my eyes is not true.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts