Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if any of you crazed slingshot makers/shooters carry a slingshot on your person very often.
I look at the many wonderful and creative slingshots being made out there and wonder about something I don't see much about. That is, the ability to carry them on your person and have them readily available when you want to take a shot.
They say that, with a gun, the one you have with your is the best one of all.
This principle is my main driving force. My personal slingshots are designed to be relatively powerful yet small. They can fit easily in my pocket [I have, in fact, carried a slingshot with me everyday for nearly two years. It doesn't matter whether I am wearing jeans or slacks or motorcycle leathers, I always have a slingshot in my pocket. - This makes me especially nuts since I'm a dentist.]
The real joy of slingshots is that with a slingshot the whole world becomes a target. The trick is to have one with you whenever you get the urge to shoot.
For those of you that are as compulsive as me what has been your solution to carrying?

·
Premium Member
5,252 Posts
compulsive? hmmmm many many people carry them everywhere.......................... keep in mind, be safe and legal.

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figure carrying a slingshot all the time puts me/us in a small group within a small group.

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
I always got one or more in the truck, even though it is hard on bands. -- Tex

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
I figure carrying a slingshot all the time puts me/us in a small group within a small group.
Nah! Just look at all the slingshots that are described a "pocket shooter", or "pocketable". Lots of folks carry "all the time". However, maybe the word "all" is the crux of the discussion here. Most of us probably use it a bit more loosely than you do.

·
HOBBYIST-SOPHOMORIC-JACKA$$
8,259 Posts
i always carry one. your a dentist !? ever shoot the extracted teeth for ammo ? i bet molars fly like little rocks .

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have to agree with you Charles. I'm always trying to make mine smaller. The one I carry most at present is made of 5/16 micarta and is a ergo style that is about 4.5" by 2.75". The bands are theragold 11.5" x 1" x 5/8" with an elk hide pouch and I have it preloaded with a .45cal lead ball. This give me a semi-butterfly with a fair bit of power that doesn't hurt my shoulder or wrist.
I'm becoming more enamored over time with full butterfly 11.5 x 1/2 x 3/8 bands and really small slingshots. These bands with 5/16 steel balls going around 300 fps make for fun everyday plinking.
Winnie

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
I don't like a real big slingshot, but I must say that after we have shrunken to about 5" high and 2" between the fork tips, my interest begins to wane proportionately.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
I haven't yet started carrying one all the time but I usually load up my knapsack daily and head out onto the range and shoot either tin cans
or paper targets. One of these days I might find a small comfortable carry I can carry.

I carry one with me all the time. I keep saying, it does not have to be big to be powerful.

Cheers ..... Charles
Charles, what is the one you carry with you all the time?

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
I like BIG slingshots but I always carry a pocket model in my back pocket.

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
One is with me all the time or in the car when in a store. I will get out of my car that is started and go back inside to get one to be sure one is on hand.

Perhaps I am
. Then that makes all the rest of you
too. Ha Ha.

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's reassuring that I'm not the only wacko out there.
I'm transitioning to an everyday carry that is only 3 3/4" x 2". It uses the 11.5 x 1/2 x 3/8 band I mentioned above. The only problem is I love my other one so much that I'm finding myself carrying 2 slingshots a good part of the time.
Winnie

·
See The Target
21,654 Posts
Never.Live a little more urban.Slingshots sometimes carry the negative trouble vandalism stigma .Would be hard to explain and justify to police or a judge.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
the EDC you mention here is the one made by Flippinout?

he can custom build you something that is collapsible yet when deployed becomes your favorite shape

do you shoot titanium tooth as ammo?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts